Layer Vector screwied inside character

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Giuseppe

Layer Vector screwied inside character

Post by Giuseppe »

Hello to all,

sorry in advance for the stupid question but I'm new on Anime Studio field...

In order to connect a "bottle" (which is a group layer with label, bottle shape and bottle content) to an hand...I've duplicated the bottle layer and move it inside Hand Swicth Layer (adding a new layer named hand with bottle)...

In this way I shoulld have the possibility to move the bottle together with hand....

But when I move the bottle layer inside "hand" switch layer it screw up...let me say like a distortion..so I cannot use it....

Do you know why?

Many thnaks in advance for your support
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

You need to bind the bottle layer to the hand bone.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Can you post a screen shot of the"distortion"?
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

About the possibility to bind bottle layer to hand bone....is it possible without move the bottle layer inside hand switch layer?

If that is possible I solve my problem...since the distortion is generated when I move the bottle layer inside Hand switch layer....
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Sure, you can have many layers bound to the same bone. Move the bottle group layer where you want it, then click on the bind layer tool. Now click on the hand bone you want it bound to, the bone should turn red to let you know its been selected.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Thanks Jonbo and slowtiger for the fast reply...

But sorry if I select the group layer there isn't any bone tool menu where I have to select bind layer tool
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

If you don't see this in the tool palette, then you don't have the bottle group layer in a bone layer.

Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Ok I've modified the bottle group in a bone layer so now I see the bind layer tool...but if I keep this bottle group layer outside the hand bone layer I cannot able to bind eachother....

So let me do a stupid example
I have 2 different bone layers (named bone1 and bone 2) with inside two different rectangle (named rect1 and rect2 respectively)
I put a bone in bone1 layer and I bid point with rect1...and everything works....

Now I want to bind the rect2 (which is in bone2 layer) to the bone1 (or rect1)

is it possible?
Thanks again for your patience[/img]
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

If your question is can you bind a shape contained in one bone layer to a bone contained in another bone layer, then no. You can, however bind the entire first bone layer to a bone in another bone layer. Most rigs will only need one bone layer with all the bones and all of the layers, vectors,group, and switch layers are paced in there. Are you using Debut? That would explain the multi bone layers since Debut doesn't have group layers.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Thank you Jombo...so I cannot bind a shape contained in one bone layer to a bone contained in another bone layer..clear thanks....
So I come back to my problem...so what I want to do is this:
I have one bottle over the desk..and one character have to take the bottle and drink it....
So my idea is to generate in my hand switch layer (a new layer where there is the hand with bottle)....
So to do that I have just duplicate the bottle layer....but when I moved it n the hand switch layer for such reason the bottle layer distorte...so for this reason I tried to create the bind avoinding to moe the bottle leayer inside a hand swithc layer...

Do yuo know the reasone of the distortion?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Are you by chance using a character from the character wizard? Well anyways, group type layers like bone, switch, group layers pass any layer scaling,rotating, or translation on to any child layers contained in them. This lets you scale, rotate, or translate a bunch of layers together easily. But any layer created outside of the group and then brought in after these things have been done, will take these on to strange results. For example, hand switch layers from a character from the CW, have a lot of scaling down and rotation done to them. So if you bring your bottle group, which was created at a normal size, into that switch, it would get really small and rotate funny. Is that what you mean by distortion? If so, then you could use the layer tools to get it back to normal, or create a new bone layer group inside the switch layer and remake your bottle. Since it is already in the switch layer, all of the layer scale,rotate,and translate will already be applied.
Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe »

Many thanks....you got the point...