Tool tip for switch in timeline

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ErikAtMapache

Tool tip for switch in timeline

Post by ErikAtMapache »

I suggest having a tool tip popup in the timeline when you hold the cursor over a dot(keyframe/circle/node?) that says what switch layer is selected by the keyframe.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Tool tip for switch in timeline

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I have been thinking about switch layers and have a similar idea, but I think it gives a better visual relation between keys and layers.
I think layers could be auto colored, and keyframes of each one should of the same layer color. You could change the color of a layer by clicking over the color. So, for example, if I have a dialog with lots of L's, I could define a very salient color for L, so I would know where all the L's are in the timeline.

I think colorize the layers should be an option for all layers, even when they are not in a switch. For example, there are layers which I never animate, they could be gray, but I could colorize the layers I animate most, so could easily find them in the sea of layers.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
ErikAtMapache

Re: Tool tip for switch in timeline

Post by ErikAtMapache »

I like -- although I don't keep my switch layer open when I animate.