ASP 9: Reseting layer rotation doesn't work

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Manu

ASP 9: Reseting layer rotation doesn't work

Post by Manu »

Reseting layer rotation for a layer that was created when not in front view keeps the layer in the rotation it was originally created.

1. Start with a new scene. Rotate the scene view with the orbit tool (9)
2. Create a new layer. Draw something in it.
3. Go to front view
4. Reset the position of the layer. You will see the layer jumping to a new position.
5. Reset rotation however doesn't work as it's already set to 0,0,0 even thought the layer will be clearly rotated relative to the front view.

I can't imagine this to be a feature as creating a layer in an orbited view and locking its default rotation to that view is far too imprecise to be of any practical use.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: ASP 9: Reseting layer rotation doesn't work

Post by Víctor Paredes »

It's not a bug. The layer is rotated on X and Y, not in Z. The move layer tool only resets the Z axis. If you want to rotate X and Y, you must select RotateLayerXY tool and press reset.
If you don't like the behavior of autocentering new layers to the view, you can uncheck "auto center new layers" on the preferences.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Manu

Re: ASP 9: Reseting layer rotation doesn't work

Post by Manu »

I see, I stand corrected. Not a bug, just a slightly confusing implementation.