General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

robint

Help hope this isnt a dumb question

Post by robint »

Ive just got my Anime pro 8 and have run straight into a frustrating problem
Why cant i stroke a path?

It seems the path has to be closed, then it will fill and stroke

But say I want to draw an eyebrow using the add point tool. All I get is a thin vector path

Say I want to draw the figure "6" with the add point tool. I start from the top and curl down and round and weld to the path to complete the circle. It then fills and all of it strokes - fine

But if i try starting from the end point, circling round, complete the circle, it fills and stroke, then carry on upwards to the original start. That section remains as a thin vector line and cant be stroked?

What am I doing wrong please

Cheers

Robin

ps I am a refugee from the awful PS pen tool and I am used to drawing vectors in other programs, so this is strange behaviour :(
robint

Re: Help hope this isnt a dumb question

Post by robint »

Sorry pardon, Ive just found out how to do it from a vid tut on utube

you use the paint bucket.

Why oh why didnt this feature in the get started tutorial? Its not that intuitive is it. One associates paint buckets with filling spaces duh

panic over

Robin :D
ErikAtMapache

Re: Help hope this isnt a dumb question

Post by ErikAtMapache »

You can also use the Select Shape tool (looks like a jelly bean with an arrow). To use it you:

1) Create your shape normally (example, a circle)
2) Press the Select Shape button (in the FILL section of the Tools)
3) Click on the circle -- it should get a checkerboard pattern on it now.
4) You can now change the stroke or fill as you like -- for example, change the stroke color to blue
5) Press ENTER to commit the change

Unlike the Paint Bucket tool, you can use Select Shape in any frame of the timeline whereas Paint Bucket only works on frame 0.

Erik