Multi-select mod for SelectShape tool (Requires CP Product)

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rudiger

Re: Multi-select mod for SelectShape tool (Requires CP Produ

Post by Rudiger »

Thanks, I'll release an official update containing that fix soon.
lundon

Post by lundon »

How will we be notified of the update? It's been so long now that I don't even remember where I went to buy the original.

EDIT: Duh- I bought it from Content Paradise. Will I get a notification from them when the update is ready?
freecartman™

Post by freecartman™ »

Really great script, it's amazing. But why you need Content Paradise product to use it? I can't buy it! Anyway very great job.
DisaingConcept

Post by DisaingConcept »

Just to update this, because when i updated to version 9 of ASP, i had so many downloads that i decided to make a zip file with all the files you need to copy in your custom install folder in order for this to work as it used to work in previous versions.

Everything is inside, except the utility tool that you have to buy in CP store. (this is esential)

Download the zip from here: http://db.tt/z8JbV8aB

Again Great Great script!
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Hi rudiger,

Do you have a video showing how this works? And does it work on 9.2?
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Nevermind, I bought it anyway out of curiosity ;)

What's a bit weird though, when I select multiple shapes, and pick a new color in the styles window. Why doesn't it automaticly change it for all styles? I know I can use the button to copy the bottom shape style to the other selected styles but shouldn't it just work without that button?

Great work anyway Rudiger, will never work without this again (unless ASP 10 will fix current issues)
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Hi. I just got the Utility script from content paradise and also the select shape script and attempted to install them but it hasn't worked correctly. Firstly let me say that I removed the original select shape script that comes with ASP and put it somewhere else in case things went wrong.

So here is a picture of where I put every thing, as far as I can tell this is all correct but let me know if it isn't.

Anyway this is what's happening when I open ASP and try to work. First drawing out a shape and then click on the select shape ican...

...click...

...click...

...click...Look now at the icons up the top...

What am I doing wrong here? Does this make any sense to anyone?
It seems as if the problem is that it doesn't recognize the png images for the icons, but I put them in there. Also, reading back through these posts I see there is some confusion about whether to copy whole folder or just the contents. I just pasted the contents and not whole folders. Is that it?
Last edited by djwaterman on Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Lukas wrote:What's a bit weird though, when I select multiple shapes, and pick a new color in the styles window. Why doesn't it automaticly change it for all styles? I know I can use the button to copy the bottom shape style to the other selected styles but shouldn't it just work without that button?
The style window only updating the style of one shape when changed is hard-coded in AS. MC didn't really foresee scripts selecting multiple shapes, so a button or shortcut is necessary to propagate the change throughout all selected shapes.
Onionskin

Post by Onionskin »

djwaterman wrote:What am I doing wrong here?
You need to put the lm_select_shape folder (with the png icons i it) to the ScriptResources folder.
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Ha ha, yeah thanks, I had just worked that out and got it working, and was posting back to say what I did. And that's what I did basically. The whole "lm_select_shape" folder with the three pngs goes into the scripts resources folder. These are the first scripts I've installed and I was expecting troubles but now I feel confident again. And the community is so quick to respond.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing the CP library files to use these scripts. Can anybody tell me if the scripts are compatible with 9.5? Thanks in advance for any info.

G.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Purchased it anyway--sounds like something I can use right away. Multi-select works great but I'm not exactly sure I understand how to use some of the other features--is there a workflow video anywhere? Thanks in advance.

G.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ah, okay...think I'm figuring it out now. Pretty cool. This will help me a lot right now. :)

G.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Being able to change the stacking order of multiple selected items is awesome. Thank you so much for creating this tool.

BTW, I got the console error here but the script tweak described earlier fixes it. After that, the script appears to run fine but I have a few questions:

1. Switching from points to shapes seems to work fine when clicking on the icon button but not when pressing 'l'--instead the Eyedropper gets selected (as normal). Should I be pressing a modifier at the same time? Or am I pressing the wrong key altogether for this feature?

2. Not sure what Gather Shapes does. Could somebody explain this one to me? Thanks.

G.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Figured out what Gather Shapes does. Still unclear about the 'l' key though. For me, this just selects the Eyedropper tool.

G.