Post by Tonymax »

got my offer to upgrade via email...

details
http://store.smithmicro.com/productDeta ... x?id=23867

Tony
Squeakydave

Re: 9.5 is out...

Post by Squeakydave »

I've been testing 9.5 and I have to say that I don't think I have ever been so happy with an upgrade :D .
Check out the videoshttp://anime.smithmicro.com/animestudio ... fc19#video
Tonymax

Post by Tonymax »

thanks Dave, good intro to v9

any tutes on the v9.5 changes?

Tony
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

There's gonna be a webinar this week:
http://my.smithmicro.com/webinars/anime ... -overview/

9.5 is well worth the price, I can recommend the upgrade to anyone.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Yes, 9.5 is awesome, support for Poser 10 and Pro 2014 alone makes it good for me, but surprisingly, its the spherical panoramic script that I had the most fun with!

Thanks to the developer!
gso125

Post by gso125 »

Just bought it looks good time to install it and try it out. Thanks
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Squeakydave wrote:I don't think I have ever been so happy with an upgrade :D .
I will admit I'm easy to please, and just in seeing the Depth Shifting feature I'm already thrilled with this upgrade. Unfortunately I have to wait until I get home from work to try it :(
~Danimal
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

This software is at version 9.5 and STILL it cannot remember to start full screen. Everytime I start it, I have to maximize it for full screen. Why oh why can't it just remember I want it full screen at startup...
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

wizaerd wrote:This software is at version 9.5 and STILL it cannot remember to start full screen. Everytime I start it, I have to maximize it for full screen. Why oh why can't it just remember I want it full screen at startup...
Are you on mac or windows? And what's your OS version?
wollomat

Post by wollomat »

Excuse me, but the video:
http://anime.smithmicro.com/animestudio ... fc19#video
is still about Anime Studio Pro 9.
I dont pay 50$ just for a nebulous update, where the new features are only described as improvements for the workflow.
Strange that the only available detailed information is available through the Webinar.
I think I will still wait a bit, until I get really well informed about the new Features!
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

wollomat wrote:Excuse me, but the video:
http://anime.smithmicro.com/animestudio ... fc19#video
is still about Anime Studio Pro 9.
I dont pay 50$ just for a nebulous update, where the new features are only described as improvements for the workflow.
Strange that the only available detailed information is available through the Webinar.
I think I will still wait a bit, until I get really well informed about the new Features!
Here are some videos about 9.5

And here's some more:
IMPROVEMENTS TO BRUSH SPACING
Brushes sometimes tended to bunch up, especially around pointy corners. The brush spacing is now much more even, including when the curviness of a shape is animated over time.

GRAYING INACTIVE LAYERS
This can clear up the visual clutter on the screen when you want to mostly concentrate on a single object.

LAYER SHADING ENHANCEMENT
Layer shading now has an option to invert the shading, so instead of making a layer look shaded, it now can also look like it has a rim highlight.

MASKING INDICATOR ON LAYER AND GROUP
This makes it easy to see when masking is in effect, as well as what contribution each layer has to a mask.

FOLLOW PATH LAYER INDICATOR
Layers that follow a path get an indicator on top of their icon in the Layers palette.

FREEHAND TOOL IMPROVEMENTS
This makes it easy to see when masking is in effect, as well as what contribution each layer has to a mask.

NEW SCRIPTS
Spherical panorama - Convert a spherical panorama image into a 3D sphere that can be viewed from any angle with the camera tools.
Fisheye - Turn a fisheye image into a curved, wide-angle surface that can be panned around with the camera tools.
Tiling Script - Allows the user to create repeating texture patterns to fill the workspace (they can be animated as well).
9.5 is definitely a lot better than 9.0, during BETA I've made many complex rigs that are very easy to animate. In a way that was impossible in 9.0. If you use ASP a lot, you won't regret an upgrade.
gso125

Post by gso125 »

wizaerd wrote:This software is at version 9.5 and STILL it cannot remember to start full screen. Everytime I start it, I have to maximize it for full screen. Why oh why can't it just remember I want it full screen at startup...
Im using a mac and it opens full screen all the time for me.
wollomat

Post by wollomat »

well thanks Lukas, thats what I was looking for.
Cause I am in the middle of a Project, and already have set up all the characters with 9.2, I think I will stick with it until it is
finished. I use only characters prepared in PSD, no vectors, so I dont need the new smartbone features etc.
I just find that the decriptions like "Switch Layer enhancements to improve your workflow" a but blurry.
Its like when the mechanic recommends you to upgrade your car by saying: "new machine enhancement will improve your driving experience.. so what?"
Guess I have to tune into the Webinar on Thursday.. even when its quite early in european terms ;)
Animark

Post by Animark »

The new z-function where the visual size is staying sounds and looks nice. Could someone can tell me if it is also possible when giving the z-values by typing and not by try and error using the mouse?

Is there also a list where the new 9.5 functionalities are compared with the ones of version 9?

Thanks from Animark
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Lukas wrote:9.5 is definitely a lot better than 9.0, during BETA I've made many complex rigs that are very easy to animate. In a way that was impossible in 9.0. If you use ASP a lot, you won't regret an upgrade.
To me, Nested layer control is a huge change. If smart bones changed the way we rigged, Nested layer control changes the way we organize characters layers. It gives you freedom to group, mask, switch, apply effects, etc. It's incredible how flexible is the software now combining that two features (and more now we have Smart Bones for most -maybe all- the channels).
I have several rigs (mostly psd layers with a lot of smart bones) I sadly can't show right now, but I can say 9.5 -just like 9.0 was- is the kind of upgrade that makes you think how incredibly harder it was to rig and animate before.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel