Animating Breasts in Anime Studio

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sbtamu

Re: Animating Breasts in Anime Studio

Post by sbtamu »

At 1st i was not going to saying thing about this post but it seems it is getting out of control.

1st of all SHUT UP about this being something other than bone dynamics. You are making your self looking like some kind of left wing liberal. It is a person showing something they believe is helpful.

The 1st thing I thought when I saw the tutorial was, hmmm I can use this for hair. I never in a million years thought twice of it being any thing other than someone showing some bone dynamics.

The 2nd thing is. SHUT UP. It is animation, nothing more.

The 3rd thing is, Thank you for sharing your ideas on bone dynamics.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Genete

Post by Genete »

This is one example of explicit breasts animation with a delicate and professional treatment.

I think that anyone would notice the difference between one animation and the other.
-G
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Nice animation. I'm a sucker for that retro style.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
exile

Post by exile »

sbtamu wrote:At 1st i was not going to saying thing about this post but it seems it is getting out of control.

1st of all SHUT UP about this being something other than bone dynamics. You are making your self looking like some kind of left wing liberal. ... Thank you for sharing your ideas on bone dynamics.
I agree this discussion has gotten out of hand. Yosemite, your answer was too defensive, Cynthia obviously got your goat. She probably has reasons for being sensitive on the issue of male attitudes toward women. I would say Chad and you are the wrong targets for her indignation, simply because the "character" in the tutorial is so totally overdone. I couldn't imagine a halfway normal male being aroused by this exaggerated female image - but some of the crude comments in this thread are starting to make me think again ...

What's wrong with outing yourself as a left wing liberal, or any other position in the democratic spectrum? We need reasonable discussion, not to "shut up". Parody is one way to deflate stereotypes, but the tutorial didn't state any intention one way or the other. Opinions on whether this was in good taste seem to be evenly divided.

Over the Christmas holidays, I'll continue to read what is posted here but will concentrate on the spirit of hope and the wish for peace that makes this time of year special. That's not shutting up, it's making space for other thoughts and experiences.

I appreciate this forum, I've always found help here. I wish everyone good holidays.

- Steve
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

exile wrote:
sbtamu wrote:At 1st i was not going to saying thing about this post but it seems it is getting out of control.

1st of all SHUT UP about this being something other than bone dynamics. You are making your self looking like some kind of left wing liberal. ... Thank you for sharing your ideas on bone dynamics.
I agree this discussion has gotten out of hand. Yosemite, your answer was too defensive, Cynthia obviously got your goat. She probably has reasons for being sensitive on the issue of male attitudes toward women. I would say Chad and you are the wrong targets for her indignation, simply because the "character" in the tutorial is so totally overdone. I couldn't imagine a halfway normal male being aroused by this exaggerated female image - but some of the crude comments in this thread are starting to make me think again ...

What's wrong with outing yourself as a left wing liberal, or any other position in the democratic spectrum? We need reasonable discussion, not to "shut up". Parody is one way to deflate stereotypes, but the tutorial didn't state any intention one way or the other. Opinions on whether this was in good taste seem to be evenly divided.

Over the Christmas holidays, I'll continue to read what is posted here but will concentrate on the spirit of hope and the wish for peace that makes this time of year special. That's not shutting up, it's making space for other thoughts and experiences.

I appreciate this forum, I've always found help here. I wish everyone good holidays.

- Steve
I agree, we need REASONABLE discussion.

And yes, it appears opinions are split down the middle...

And you're damn right she got my goat!

It doesn't bother me at all that people have different opinions then I do.

In fact, I think that's great! It's what makes the world go round.

But do not accuse me of things that are blatantly untrue. I'm completely fine with opinions, but when someone casts aspersions... that's just not cool.

Also: "She probably has reasons for being sensitive on the issue of male attitudes toward women."

First: that's her issue, not mine.

Secondly: It's fine, but don't take it out on EVERY man you come across. I already mentioned how much I love and respect my wife. She is my everything. So I don't need someone projecting their personal issues on me.

And again, we're talking about a simple (in the grander scheme of things, meaningless) tutorial!

I had no problems with people disliking it. And even mentioned numerous times that Chad and I need to rethink our approach on such topics -- but I will NOT accept being accused of BS that simply isn't true. Period!

Oh, Happy holidays to you, Exile -- and everyone here, as well.

God Bless all Anime Studio Animators! :)
Last edited by Yosemite Sam on Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

exile wrote:Opinions on whether this was in good taste seem to be evenly divided.
This is true: those who feel it's somehow bad or offensive, and those who are right.

Simply possessing an opinion doesn't mean it's valid or worthy of respect. Opinions can be--and often are--wrong.

Being offended by something doesn't mean anyone owes you anything. It could be the issue is entirely that person's and no one else's.

Being devoid of a sense of humor doesn't mean anyone else has done something wrong. Again, that's that person's problem.

Watching a video that tells you directly in the title exactly what it's about without a degree of hiding anything you're about to see negates your right to then complain about it. Looking for a reason to champion a crusade doesn't mean you're right or even that there's more than one side to the issue at hand.

Boobs exist, and they jiggle. Pretending that's not the case or raising a stink that someone mentions it smacks of a frighteningly Puritanical mindset.

Note that when I'm saying "your" or "you" in here I just mean "a person in general" and not you specifically, exile, I just used your quote.

For its bluntness, this is very well said:
sbtamu wrote:1st of all SHUT UP about this being something other than bone dynamics
The 2nd thing is. SHUT UP. It is animation, nothing more.
The 3rd thing is, Thank you for sharing your ideas on bone dynamics.
~Danimal
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Some time I get emotional over free speech stuff and it carried over into my animation world. I was in heavy debate over the Phil Robertson suspension from Duck Dynasty all that day. I apologies for saying shut up, but I am sticking with what I said about it being nothing more than a tutorial on bone dynamics and nothing more.

Watch this video and then come back with a clear view on breast in animations. Remember, this is a Disney animation, made for kids but still uses breast bounces and drastically exaggerated; both characters to be exact.

Comments?

Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

Danimal wrote:Simply possessing an opinion doesn't mean it's valid or worthy of respect. Opinions can be--and often are--wrong.

Being offended by something doesn't mean anyone owes you anything. It could be the issue is entirely that person's and no one else's.

Being devoid of a sense of humor doesn't mean anyone else has done something wrong. Again, that's that person's problem.

Watching a video that tells you directly in the title exactly what it's about without a degree of hiding anything you're about to see negates your right to then complain about it. Looking for a reason to champion a crusade doesn't mean you're right or even that there's more than one side to the issue at hand.

Boobs exist, and they jiggle. Pretending that's not the case or raising a stink that someone mentions it smacks of a frighteningly Puritanical mindset.

Note that when I'm saying "your" or "you" in here I just mean "a person in general" and not you specifically, exile, I just used your quote.
Great post.
Jimmy Mills

F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Interesting how we are being brainwashed into silence, we are males(endanger species) who are constantly barraged by political correctness, so much for free speech! We are born with an innate attraction for the opposite sex, for this we must apologize, I refuse to let anyone else 's point of view silence mine!
"and then Man created god!"
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

F.M. wrote:Interesting how we are being brainwashed into silence, we are males(endanger species) who are constantly barraged by political correctness, so much for free speech! We are born with an innate attraction for the opposite sex, for this we must apologize, I refuse to let anyone else 's point of view silence mine!
Amen brother!

I love women. Not in a disgusting dirty way. I love women because they are so beautiful. As men we are hard wired to be attracted to the female form and if you are an ARTIST and have the skills to actually CREATE that image from your own mind, why should you not?

As a very young man working at a 24hr restaurant, I was grabbed, pinched and leered at by drunk women during the "bar rush" on weekend nights. I know this isn't even close to what women put up with 24/7 but it goes both ways. Women can be just as politically incorrect as men. No one is excused from this discussion based on gender.

If women truly don't want that kind of attention then reject the false media standards you "pretend" to hate. Billions in fashion and make up, hair products. I use to have arguments with the women I dated about why they felt compelled to use all that crap because it didn't matter to me at all. If they didn't want to spend 3 hours prepping for a night out why do it? My protestations always seemed to fall on deaf ears.

I was raised by "liberal" mennonite parents but grew up exposed to conservative mennonite beliefs... makeup was a sin, cutting your hair was a sin... plain clothes... ankle length dresses... and yet the women were and still are, very beautiful without all that crap. I never ever EVER told any woman that she was fat or didn't wear enough make up or needed a haircut or larger breasts. All that crap is a waste of time and in my opinion.
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

heyvern wrote:
Amen brother!

I love women. Not in a disgusting dirty way. I love women because they are so beautiful. As men we are hard wired to be attracted to the female form and if you are an ARTIST and have the skills to actually CREATE that image from your own mind, why should you not?

As a very young man working at a 24hr restaurant, I was grabbed, pinched and leered at by drunk women during the "bar rush" on weekend nights. I know this isn't even close to what women put up with 24/7 but it goes both ways. Women can be just as politically incorrect as men. No one is excused from this discussion based on gender.

If women truly don't want that kind of attention then reject the false media standards you "pretend" to hate. Billions in fashion and make up, hair products.
I use to have arguments with the women I dated about why they felt compelled to use all that crap because it didn't matter to me at all. If they didn't want to spend 3 hours prepping for a night out why do it? My protestations always seemed to fall on deaf ears.

I was raised by "liberal" mennonite parents but grew up exposed to conservative mennonite beliefs... makeup was a sin, cutting your hair was a sin... plain clothes... ankle length dresses... and yet the women were and still are, very beautiful without all that crap. I never ever EVER told any woman that she was fat or didn't wear enough make up or needed a haircut or larger breasts. All that crap is a waste of time and in my opinion.
So much I agree with in this post. I'll just let it speak for itself.
Jimmy Mills

exile

Post by exile »

Danimal wrote:
exile wrote:Opinions on whether this was in good taste seem to be evenly divided.
This is true: those who feel it's somehow bad or offensive, and those who are right.

Simply possessing an opinion doesn't mean it's valid or worthy of respect. Opinions can be--and often are--wrong.

Probably it would be best to let this thread rest, I don't have to have the last word. However, I can't agree with Yosemite that this is a good post. "I'm 100% right and you're 100% wrong" is a short-sighted attitude that sheds more heat than light on a subject. Consensus on which male behaviors toward women are appropriate and which are not have changed considerably over time. Probably they will change again as time goes on. IMO, the problem men of my generation have with our view of women is not that we see too much of a woman's body - it's that we only see her body and not the person. This is an ingrained reflex, and I catch myself responding this way frequently. It's not a question of guilt, it's one of conditioning. There are cultures that are less boob-fixated than ours, and ideas of which women are most attractive are always changing, just as the old ideal of the muscular, hairy-chested man is on the wane.

Culturally, we're in a state of flux, and that means we aren't always secure about our behaviors. I agree that feminists can overshoot the mark, but I still think it's a good idea to try to see where they are coming from. Vern's experience of drunken members of the opposite sex grabbing his buttocks when he was waiting tables is a far less typical experience for a man that it is for a woman. I don't think you could find many sober women who would condone that behavior, but you will still find numerous men who feel that way of acting is their perfect right. Fortunately, not as many as a generation ago.

Living in a time of transition isn't always easy, the chances are that someone at some point is going to be offended by something I say or do and I will be surprised at their reaction. Probably my first response will be purely defensive, but hopefully I'll be able to reflect on what led to this situation and draw constructive conclusions from it - not necessarily knuckling under, but gaining more insight into my own motives.

If you go back to the beginning of this thread, the first objections to the tutorial were spirited opinions, not claims to be in possession of the absolute truth. Some of the responses after Cynthia's comments were more over the top than anything she said. I like feeling I'm in the right as much as anybody, but this whole thing is not worth a holy war. That's probably why most forum members have wisely refrained from pouring more oil on the flames.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

For the most part, I try to keep quiet, but I have found that the less you say, on certain subjects the more you are targeted on it, one example is religion, you have the right to believe whatever you want or however you want, but, that doesn't give you the right to go to people's houses' knock on their doors and peddle your beliefs, it is somewhat insulting, by this action you are telling the homeowner that his belief is crap. If you speak up at least they will think twice about knocking!
"and then Man created god!"
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

exile wrote:
Danimal wrote:

Probably it would be best to let this thread rest, I don't have to have the last word. However, I can't agree with Yosemite that this is a good post. "I'm 100% right and you're 100% wrong" is a short-sighted attitude that sheds more heat than light on a subject. Consensus on which male behaviors toward women are appropriate and which are not have changed considerably over time. Probably they will change again as time goes on. IMO, the problem men of my generation have with our view of women is not that we see too much of a woman's body - it's that we only see her body and not the person. This is an ingrained reflex, and I catch myself responding this way frequently. It's not a question of guilt, it's one of conditioning. There are cultures that are less boob-fixated than ours, and ideas of which women are most attractive are always changing, just as the old ideal of the muscular, hairy-chested man is on the wane.

Culturally, we're in a state of flux, and that means we aren't always secure about our behaviors. I agree that feminists can overshoot the mark, but I still think it's a good idea to try to see where they are coming from. Vern's experience of drunken members of the opposite sex grabbing his buttocks when he was waiting tables is a far less typical experience for a man that it is for a woman. I don't think you could find many sober women who would condone that behavior, but you will still find numerous men who feel that way of acting is their perfect right. Fortunately, not as many as a generation ago.

Living in a time of transition isn't always easy, the chances are that someone at some point is going to be offended by something I say or do and I will be surprised at their reaction. Probably my first response will be purely defensive, but hopefully I'll be able to reflect on what led to this situation and draw constructive conclusions from it - not necessarily knuckling under, but gaining more insight into my own motives.

If you go back to the beginning of this thread, the first objections to the tutorial were spirited opinions, not claims to be in possession of the absolute truth. Some of the responses after Cynthia's comments were more over the top than anything she said. I like feeling I'm in the right as much as anybody, but this whole thing is not worth a holy war. That's probably why most forum members have wisely refrained from pouring more oil on the flames.
I really like what you said here. You seem like a very nice person. And you're right -- we should be able to discuss things in a mature and civil manner. Unfortunately, Cynthia was unable too. I can sympathize with her disposition, but I cannot allow her to wrongfully attack me. She didn't want to have a constructive dialogue, she only wanted to put me down because of something she assumed. Notice she hasn't returned to apologize or clarify her post?

But it's no biggie. I respect and agree with a lot of what you said. Life is too short to stress over every little thing you see or hear. If you want to change the world you have to be positive and and act on your convictions. Falling prey to your emotions will get you nowhere.
Last edited by Yosemite Sam on Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy Mills

Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

F.M. wrote:For the most part, I try to keep quiet, but I have found that the less you say, on certain subjects the more you are targeted on it, one example is religion, you have the right to believe whatever you want or however you want, but, that doesn't give you the right to go to people's houses' knock on their doors and peddle your beliefs, it is somewhat insulting, by this action you are telling the homeowner that his belief is crap. If you speak up at least they will think twice about knocking!
Exactly! Who has the right to tell another person what to BELIEVE. You can tell me not to DO certain things, but how can you tell me what to BELIEVE (speak about)?
Jimmy Mills