DKWROOT scripts *NEW LAYER SELECTOR

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dkwroot

Re: DKWROOT scripts (BONE GROUPS, IMG SEQ)

Post by dkwroot »

Added Version 1.0 of my Point Manipulator and Brush Tools. :D
Lukas

Re: DKWROOT scripts (BONE GROUPS, NEW TOOLS)

Post by Lukas »

Thanks for sharing!

The explanation video is set to private.

The tools are quite complex and I probably won't use all of it's capabilities. (I don't fully understand them yet anyway ;))

But I already know the mirror tool is going to save me SO much time! :D THANKS!

I really like the 'Draw on frame 0' toggle. That's really something that should be implemented in ASP overall. Kind of like Relative keyframing.

Curious to see these tools evolve!

Here's some feedback on the point tool:

I'd really want to be able to use Mirror and Flip on multiple shapes at the same time. For example, a face with 2 eyes. :)

It would be nice if you could somehow see what point it your center point if you've set it. (Maybe a red circle around it or something, I'm not sure what ASP's GUI scripting possibilities are.

I'm not able to clear all the shortcuts the tools need, but you've got some unnecessary ones there too, making the tool overly complex:
<a> Select All = <Ctrl/Cmd>+<A> already does this
<x> Delete Pts = <delete> already does this

The icons you link to have a lot of extra icons that are copies of the original ones (arrow.png etc). It would be nice if you'd put your own icons in a subfolder like most scripts do. Things are getting messy otherwise:

Some icons are a bit unclear (It's a matter of taste though). I'll try and edit them for my own sanity. If you want them let me know.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your hard work! These are great.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Would you mind sending me those Icons? I'm not good at Icon design, but I did my best. :oops:

I took the tools down for now. I'm going to clean it up some more, put icons in folders and just do some general fixes. I should have an improved version up soon.

FYI, I'm a HUGE fan of open-source collaboration, so I always appreciate insight from others. :wink:
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

I could also use a new icon for the Brush Selection mode. This mode allows you to select and deselect points using a brush.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I quickly tried to improve some of the icons, use them as you wish. :)

A few of them are quite hard to get clear, because the tool has so many different ways of using it. (turning auto fill of with the blob brush only applies to the stroke-pen for example, and the scissors only work when welding is turned on).

Image (Would it be possible to highlight the viewport with a red border when this button is turned on? That'd be sweet)

Image (Used their functions instead of the box look)

ImageImage (Maybe swap the button's location on the toolbar so it feels more like the way you'd use them if you'd have both of them turned on)

ImageImage Bonegroups

Image Extrude

Image Instead of text Center button? (I think headturns are a very common thing this will be used for so I used a head icon for these 3)
Image Mirror (I think headturns are a very common thing this will be used for so I used a head icon for these 3)
Image Flip (I think headturns are a very common thing this will be used for so I used a head icon for these 3)

Image (This one complicates things a bit, it feels like it's better off as a separate tool?)
Image (Could be better)

Image (A slight modification of Ramòn's tool, who created a similar tool, if I recall correctly)

Image (There's no way to get a clear icon for this, because the usage is unclear too, maybe you can think of

Image (Maybe it's better to use text with a tick-box, like the 'Freehand' tool)
Image (Maybe it's better to use text with a tick-box, like the 'Freehand' tool)
Image (Maybe it's better to use text with a tick-box, like the 'Draw Shape' tool)
Image (Maybe it's better to use text with a tick-box, like the 'Draw Shape' tool)
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Thanks Lukas! :D
dkwroot

Re: DKWROOT scripts (FBF + BONE GROUPS + MORE!)

Post by dkwroot »

After over two months of rigorous work, I think these tools are ready for some lime-light. I hope you guys enjoy them! :D

@LUKAS
Your icons were great, but the problem I had with them is that they weren't very good for dark themes. You inspired me to create new icons with two new themes (one dark, one light). :wink:
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

dkwroot wrote:Your icons were great, but the problem I had with them is that they weren't very good for dark themes. You inspired me to create new icons with two new themes (one dark, one light). :wink:
Yeah, I used the light theme because the regular icons don't look very good either with a darker theme. :) Maybe in the future the whole GUI get's a nice dark update.

Going to play around with your tools now :)
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

First impressions:

* Drawing on a switch layer is extremely cool!

* Alt+drag gives a lua error. I hope you're planning to have it resize the brush like the regular blob brush? Dragging the slider to adjust brush size isn't very intuitive and gets me out of the flow. (Sorry :oops:)

* The point tool and mirror tool both have their own 'frame 0' switch. Would it be possible if it somehow remembers if it's on or not as if it were 1 tool? Now they both have their own toggle state. I think having this merged would be very beneficial for drawing on switch layers for a FBF workflow.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Lukas wrote:First impressions:

* Drawing on a switch layer is extremely cool!

* Alt+drag gives a lua error. I hope you're planning to have it resize the brush like the regular blob brush? Dragging the slider to adjust brush size isn't very intuitive and gets me out of the flow. (Sorry :oops:)

* The point tool and mirror tool both have their own 'frame 0' switch. Would it be possible if it somehow remembers if it's on or not as if it were 1 tool? Now they both have their own toggle state. I think having this merged would be very beneficial for drawing on switch layers for a FBF workflow.
I found the problem. I'll patch it up quickly and I'll look into restoring the alt+drag for brush size.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I have download the scripts and tool icons.

The tool icon are not working. I'm getting nothing but 'x'

They are in script resources and in the custom content shared resources.

Dale
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I been trying to use the tools with out the icons.

The FBF setup is cool up to a point. The problem is that it will not work inside a smart bone. It kick back to the main line. It would be nice to have it work with a smart bone so you can control the timing.

Dale
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

dueyftw wrote:I have download the scripts and tool icons.

The tool icon are not working. I'm getting nothing but 'x'

They are in script resources and in the custom content shared resources.

Dale
Make sure you're putting the entire folder in the resources and not individual icons. If it doesn't work in shared resources, try putting it in the the main resources folder.

EXAMPLE: C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 10\Resources\ScriptResources
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

dueyftw wrote:I been trying to use the tools with out the icons.

The FBF setup is cool up to a point. The problem is that it will not work inside a smart bone. It kick back to the main line. It would be nice to have it work with a smart bone so you can control the timing.

Dale
I'll look into this.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

OK, got it. I been putting just the icons, not the folder and Icons.

Dale