Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Equalrights4animals

Re: Help Shape the Future of Anime Studio

Post by Equalrights4animals »

I mean your animations
Equalrights4animals

Post by Equalrights4animals »

Undiscovered wrote:I tried exporting with WAV and then again MP3. Both are distorting and crackling. :(
I mean how are you exporting your animations? I export mine as mp4 and the audio works fine.
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

Is there a script solution for lag, and bounce constraint on both the x and y axis of movement?
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

The ability to animate shape order would be incredibly useful. This would allow us to do work on a single layer that normally would have had to be done on multiple layers.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

If my memory serves me correctly, Synthsin developed a script for this...you could try searching for it.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Got another idea. It'd be awesome if we could control motions using a bezier path in the object window instead of having to use the graph editor. The program would look at the position of the current keyframe and the next keyframe and draw the motion path that it makes to the view. The user would then tweak the path using handles directly attached to the vector points.

I'll see if I can make an experimental version in a script.

@jahnocli
Thanks, I'll look for it.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

We should have a checkbox for Angle, Position and Scale for all bones. When the box is checked on, the bone will influence all of the points bound to it when it performs that action, but when the box is checked off it won't.

Example: You could bind a bunch of points to a bone and then turn off "Scaling" for that bone. When you scale the bone up or down, the points bound to it won't be effected.

We should also be able to use bone position and scaling to control smartbone actions. When you pair this idea with the previous idea, you'll quickly see where I'm going with this. A user will be able to create a bone, binds points to it and have the ability to choose whether they want a particular bone action to be controlled by the bone OR tied to a smartbone action.

This would be extremely useful for 2.5D animation.

Finally, I think IK stretching for bones is great, but we really need IK compression as well.

EDIT:
Also, it'd be nice if we could keyframe bone angle constraints.
Pesto

Motion path for bones

Post by Pesto »

After watching Victor's latest webinar on animation principles it occurred to me that having a motion path for animated bones would be very helpful. I remember using this a lot in Maya and it was very helpful to fine tune paths.
Also, if the onionskin feature was not frame-dependent. Meaning one does not have to indicate which frames to be onion-skinnned. Instead, it could be a # of frames before and after (and colored red and green respectively) while dragging the time slider.
synthsin75

Re: Motion path for bones

Post by synthsin75 »

Pesto wrote:Also, if the onionskin feature was not frame-dependent. Meaning one does not have to indicate which frames to be onion-skinnned. Instead, it could be a # of frames before and after (and colored red and green respectively) while dragging the time slider.
This already exists. Check out the onionskin options.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Draw shape tool. Add option, for number of points (4, 8, 16...), for create oval.
braj

Post by braj »

I want to be able to draw a facade in flat '0' point perspective' just work on the face, and then be able to manually transform the layer to fit whatever vanishing points I define to get the necessary perspective, right now with the shear points tool it just doesn't do what I need. Basically I would like to grab a corner of the shape and move just that corner, with the other 4 corners staying put, and line the shape up with my VPs. It would be like skewing the image without constrained proportions in Photoshop or similar.
braj

Post by braj »

About the Perspective tool, it doesn't pivot the shapes based on the layer origin, so using it to change perspective on shapes in a composition gives frustrating results. An option to do so would be great and make the tool much more useful.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Add the ability to activate/deactivate a smartbone using a checkbox. It would be even better if we could keyframe whether a smartbone is active using another smartbone. This would allow us to activate smartbones depending on the position of other smartbones which would be very useful.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

It's awesome that we can apply more than one stroke to a single line, but it would be even better if we could control line width for individual points separately. At the present, if we want to increase the line width of a point, we increase the width of ALL strokes passing through it which isn't good...
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Please add the ability to quickly look at our canvas with all saturation turned to zero. This way we can check the value of our composition easily. I realize that there is a fade unselected layers option, but the problem with that feature is that it changes the value of faded objects which would defeat the purpose of using it to check value.

MORE:
I've posted a lot so far, but here is another suggestion. Make hotkeys context aware so that we can use the same hotkey for different situations. Here is an example, the Freeze Points menu action and the Freeze Pose menu action are basically the same concept. You're making keyframes for the things in the layer that you're working in. The ONLY difference between these two features is that one is used for Vector Layers and the other is used for Bone layers.

It's extremely wasteful to give both of these features their own hotkey when they're the same concept just applied to different layers. It would be much better if hotkeys were context aware so that we can use fewer hotkeys to do redundant actions. Blender and other programs already implement this design and it's really effective.