Layer by layer Rendering/Exporting

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AJITK

Layer by layer Rendering/Exporting

Post by AJITK »

HI...

Is there any option for Layer by layer Rendering/Exporting in Anime Studio Pro.

For Compositing I need Seperate Renders for each layer (PNG Sequence).

(eg.If 5 Characters in 1 Scene,I need 5 Seperate Renders)

The Current Batch Export Process does not allow the same.
heyvern

Re: Layer by layer Rendering/Exporting

Post by heyvern »

I use the Layer Comps feature (it's in the layer palette. Last icon on the right top.).

It does require some set up but it's quite effective. You create a layer comp for each "layer" render. In the batch out put you can select layer comps from the same file to do multiple renders.

The beauty of layer comps is that they are easy to select and set up. So you could have a default with all layers on, and layer comps for each layer displayed by itself. These are also helpful during animation as you can isolate layers to see it better without a lot of clutter.

Basically a layer comp saves the settings of the "eyeball" for each layer, whether it's visible or not. Not to be confused with "animated" visibility, this is the GUI visibility. When a layer is "turned off" using the layer eyeball icon, it won't render. So you set up each layer comp with only the layer you want to render. Save each one. Then you can set this up in batch render and render out all of your separate layers from the same file.
AJITK

Post by AJITK »

Hi heyvern,

Thanks for quick reply.....

The Layer Comps feature works Good.

But using above process I can render only One Comp layer at a time.

Is there any option in Anime Studio to Export Multiple Layer Comps at a time and with different folders.

Eg If 5 Layer Comps in 1 Scene ...can be Exported at a time.

It will be a great help for me if u have any solution for this time consuming rendering process.

Thanks...
AJITK
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

There is no way to select individual folders for each comp or batch file render in the list. There is just one folder selection available for all batch renders, but you can load the same Anime Studio file more than once (one for each comp) and it will name the comp renders based on the comp name.

If you want all comps rendered you can load that one file and select "All" in the comp drop down selection. This results in separate renders with the file and comp name so you can see which is which after the render is complete.
Then you move them where you want after rendering.

If you render to an image sequence the batch will create folders named for the comp inside the selected render folder.
AJITK

Post by AJITK »

Hi heyvern,

Thanks for your useful Help.

Layer Comp Process works good.

But if I have to render 80-90 Scenes at the same time then this is very time taking process.

If you have any simple and easy process or any script for rendering then Please share.

Thanks
AJITK