Cute Christmas/Hanukkah holiday animation!

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Equalrights4animals

Cute Christmas/Hanukkah holiday animation!

Post by Equalrights4animals »

I made this in Anime Studio
Last edited by Equalrights4animals on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Danimal

Re: Cute Christmas/Hanukkah holiday animation!

Post by Danimal »

The idea is a good one and the animation is great, I especially liked the crayon-ish Santa sequence.

The only thing I found distracting was the singing. There was zero happiness in those voices. It sounded kind of creepy how little inflection there was in the singing, like any minute they were going to start saying "join us... joooooiiiiiin ussssss..." For a Chrismukkah song, I would expect a little joy.

Really though, this looks very nice!
~Danimal
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

I got a big smile out of that.

Clever and fun
Equalrights4animals

Danimal wrote:The idea is a good one and the animation is great, I especially liked the crayon-ish Santa sequence.

The only thing I found distracting was the singing. There was zero happiness in those voices. It sounded kind of creepy how little inflection there was in the singing, like any minute they were going to start saying "join us... joooooiiiiiin ussssss..." For a Chrismukkah song, I would expect a little joy.

Really though, this looks very nice!
I didn't do the singing. my friends did. Glad you liked the animation, though.
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

Equalrights4animals wrote:
Danimal wrote:The only thing I found distracting was the singing. There was zero happiness in those voices. It sounded kind of creepy how little inflection there was in the singing
Wow, nice job throwing the singing friends under the bus, you guys. :)

To be honest, I agree with danimal in that the singing vocals seem a tad hollow and a little unenthusiastic, but I assumed that was by design. Seemed to me the music using minor note steps and repetition, and the lack of excitement played well into the monotony of "tradition."

A lackluster monotone "This is so fun, two holidays in one" while one of the little girls turns ill green, and mom picks up wrapping paper... I like it.

But if that wasn't your intent for this animation and you were shooting for something more joyous and festive, you may have missed your mark. Don't blame your friends. :P
-ddrake
Equalrights4animals

ddrake wrote:
Equalrights4animals wrote:
Danimal wrote:The only thing I found distracting was the singing. There was zero happiness in those voices. It sounded kind of creepy how little inflection there was in the singing
Wow, nice job throwing the singing friends under the bus, you guys. :)

To be honest, I agree with danimal in that the singing vocals seem a tad hollow and a little unenthusiastic, but I assumed that was by design. Seemed to me the music using minor note steps and repetition, and the lack of excitement played well into the monotony of "tradition."

A lackluster monotone "This is so fun, two holidays in one" while one of the little girls turns ill green, and mom picks up wrapping paper... I like it.

But if that wasn't your intent for this animation and you were shooting for something more joyous and festive, you may have missed your mark. Don't blame your friends. :P
Personally I disagree with you and I think my friends did a very good job with the singing. A lot better than I could do.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Equalrights4animals wrote:I think my friends did a very good job with the singing. A lot better than I could do.
Just hitting notes doth not good singing make.

If I close my eyes and just listen, I can actually see them holding the lyrics sheet and just going word by word. It's a step away from sustained reading. Again, it becomes glaringly more apparent how little dynamics are in the singing when you consider it's a holiday song, which are generally festive and upbeat. This sounds more like a dirge or the birthday song scene in Office Space.

Fortunately, the song has your animation to give it life and makes it something worth watching and listening to.
~Danimal
muhire

Post by muhire »

nice lip synch!