Mess Goblins

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Soxbrooker

Mess Goblins

Post by Soxbrooker »

Mess Goblins is a Freeware Point and Click Adventure Game that we made in a month!

I used Anime Studio for all the animations and videos in the game!

You can download and play it HERE

Have you ever wondered how your room got so messy? In the aftermath of a party have you ever questioned the level of destruction "Did we really trash the house? I don't remember throwing a pizza on the ceiling, and why are there cigarette burns on my couch when nobody I know smokes?" It's almost as if somehow, overnight, mess and disorder have multiplied without your consent.

What if we told you that you and your friends are not responsible for the profanities scrawled in lipstick on your bathroom mirror? What if we told you that, in the wee hours of the morning when you are passed out in a dreamless drunken stupor, little beings we like to call Mess Goblins come out and dirty your home.

That's right my friends, you have a Mess Goblin problem.

Join the Mess Goblins on their first adventure with Dropped Monocle Games. As plucky protagonist Pippup Binbasher, it's your job to mess with Harry Flemming, a teenager who thought he could get away with hosting a house party while his parents are out of town.

Cause chaos, confusion, and disarray in the aftermath of the festivities. Let your inner Mess Goblin out and give Harry a hangover he'll never forget!
ImageImageImage
EHEBrandon

Re: Mess Goblins

Post by EHEBrandon »

What engine did you use to make this kind of game?
Soxbrooker

Post by Soxbrooker »

ImageImageImage
parseh

Post by parseh »

Wow! That's awesome and inspiring! Thanks for sharing. :D
Only wish it had voice. Is that engine only designed for point n click adventure games?
Last edited by parseh on Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EHEBrandon

Post by EHEBrandon »

Very awesome thanks! :D Also how rude.. I got the chance to play it and I must say its really well done designs and animation.. Did you do the backgrounds in Anime Studio Pro as well? Also do you think this engine will be good for making a 2D dungeon crawler JRPG? I kind of want to make a game like Persona but all 2D like South Park The Stick of Truth.
Soxbrooker

Post by Soxbrooker »

parseh wrote:Wow! That's awesome and inspiring! Thanks for sharing. :D
Only wish it had voice. Is that engine only designed for point n click adventure games?
Thank you for the nice comment, the engine is designed to be used to make point n click's but if you look in the AGS forums you will see that some of the users have managed to make other types of games, like platformers.
we stick to what its made for ;)

we only had a month to make the game so not adding voice really came down to not having the time to do so, when the MAGS comp has come to an end there is nothing stopping us from going back and maybe adding voice acting.
EHEBrandon wrote:
Very awesome thanks! :D Also how rude.. I got the chance to play it and I must say its really well done designs and animation.. Did you do the backgrounds in Anime Studio Pro as well? Also do you think this engine will be good for making a 2D dungeon crawler JRPG? I kind of want to make a game like Persona but all 2D like South Park The Stick of Truth.
Thank you, the backgrounds are not done in Anime Studio, all the artwork was done in SketchBook Pro, then imported into Anime Studio for animating.
again Adventure Game Studio is very much designed for making point n click adventure games, it can be used to make other games with some coding knowledge but I think you could maybe find other engines that would do the 'Dungeon Crawler JRPG' a lot easier.
ImageImageImage