Anime Studio in Song of the Sea

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ddrake

Re: Anime Studio in Song of the Sea

Post by ddrake »

Oscar nominee? Nice! :)
-ddrake
lawnmower70

Post by lawnmower70 »

I finally got around to renting this on Amazon. And, while I like Big Hero 6, I think they gave best oscar to the wrong film. This was simply amazing.
Livestreaming games and Anime Studio usually every night starting around 9 eastern time.
www.twitch.tv/stugots70
pihms

Post by pihms »

I rented the movie over the weekend. I wanted to stop and replay at those scenes created with Anime Studio. An awesome movie definitely worth great recognition for the entire production. Beautifully written and animated.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Just picked this up the other day and watched it with the family. Really nice story, and artistically beautifully themed. I tried to see what could have been done in AS, some scenes are more difficult to guess at than others. It appeared that a lot of the backgrounds were painted either by hand (if anyone does that anymore) or were painted in another software, separated into foreground and background, with the characters animated using AS or other animation software to move through the scenes. There were a few scenes with the car that had a 3D quality to them, but since I don't use AS pro yet, I wouldn't venture a guess what was used to produce those parts. But if I had to guess at anything, the dog at times seemed to be done in AS in some scenes.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Congratulations, I hope you sell a gajillion DVD's (at least I contributed to 1 of them :mrgreen: ) so you can produce more.

LY
chucky

Post by chucky »

Still waiting to see the film, any day now. Australia is a bit of a backwater when it comes to releases.
Congrats for the nomination, but moreover congrats on what looks like a beautiful film ( from the trailer).
amanandink

Post by amanandink »

Surprisingly Chucky, we are still waiting for it to come out here in Ireland as del, it will be July by the time it hits the cinemas.
http://songoftheseamovie.blogspot.ie
if your interested out director kept a blog for the production, not much ASP work up there but the artwork is great
j