Group ordering?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dfaris

Group ordering?

Post by dfaris »

Hello all,

Is it possible to change the order of a group from front to back?
ie: an arm is in front of the torso then a few frames ahead in the timeline, it moves behind the torso?

I know you can animate layers from front to back if they are in the same group layer, but what about separate individual groups because most of my layers have masks and need to be grouped special with different styles.

Any help would be great, thanks!
funksmaname

Re: Group ordering?

Post by funksmaname »

child group layers should animated in the same way that any sub-layer does - just make sure you enable 'animated layer ordering' in the parent groups preferences (i.e. nest all sub groups under a single parent)
dfaris

Post by dfaris »

It doesnt. I had to take all the animated layers out of their sub-folders and nest them under 1 directory underneath the bones layer. It works now, but organization of all those layer is messy.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I beg to differ - it works as advertised. The key frames only show on the top parent, but sub groups are re-ordering here without any issues.
(Tested on v11)
dfaris

Post by dfaris »

Yes you are right. I was doing it wrong previously. Group ordering works perfectly for front to back animation sequences. I even found the markers on the timeline which I didnt before.
Thanks Funk!
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

nice one! :)