Can you hide and position windows through scripts?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

strider2000

Can you hide and position windows through scripts?

Post by strider2000 »

Does anyone know a way to hide/show windows (ie the layers, tools, timeline, style) via scripts? Alternatively can short cut keys be called from a script (ie Ctrl+Shift+E hides/shows the Tools window, so if I can't hide/show the window directly can I call the short cut key). I'd also like to be able to dock/undock a window and position it relative to a position within the Anime Studio window. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to do any of these yet. Thanks for any help :)
synthsin75

Re: Can you hide and position windows through scripts?

Post by synthsin75 »

No, scripts cannot hide/show windows, but Win+` (don't know the Mac equivalent) hides everything but the main window. And no, shortcuts cannot be called from a script. Use the Window>Docking menu to dock/undock. There are no custom docking positions in AS.
strider2000

Re: Can you hide and position windows through scripts?

Post by strider2000 »

Thanks synthsin, that's what I was afraid of. I was going to try to write a script to access custom layouts, especially for tablet usage, but... I guess not.

The Win+ didn't seem to work on my Surface Pro (brings up a zoom interface), but I did a search, based on your idea and found that back tic (`) does clear the workspace. Super cool!!! Also, I finally realized that the entries at the bottom of the Window menu simply raise the panel. That's helpful, because on the Surface I can undock, move all the vertical panels to the right, then just raise the panel I want (It would be great if I could add a shortcut for raising a panel to the top, but it doesn't look like I can :( ).

Thanks for the info :)