A Monster Tale

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jessica951

A Monster Tale

Post by jessica951 »

Hi everyone! I've been working on this animation for a bit of time, testing out the new features of Anime Studio Pro 11. I have to say I am very pleased with updates. Thanks for watching, here it is:
neeters_guy

Re: A Monster Tale

Post by neeters_guy »

Your work has always been of high quality, but this takes it to a new level. Really outstanding, Jessica.

Thanks for sharing and for all your tutorials as well.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

I agree with neeters. Everthing here is great quality. But my favroite thing about this is the amazing job you did on the lighting... and the art work...mixing of music...well everything :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Aside from some of the stereo sound dropping out, this is really very accomplished. Great job.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I love this, the character animation/acting looks so natural. One thing that could complement your character style nicely is to add keyframes to the blinks revealing the curvature of the eyes. I couldn't find the example I was thinking of, but this one from Richard William's Animator's Survival Kit kind of shows it: https://philmullany.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/eyes/ And an animated example: https://youtu.be/2jRkx2PNVr8?t=1m11s Did you use frame by frame for this animation?
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

My favorite part of animating is when a character's face reveals emotion that is right for the scene. You did a wonderful job with the girl's face to communicate what she was feeling.

Great job

LY
dfaris

Post by dfaris »

Inspirational!
jessica951

Post by jessica951 »

lwaxana wrote:I love this, the character animation/acting looks so natural. One thing that could complement your character style nicely is to add keyframes to the blinks revealing the curvature of the eyes. I couldn't find the example I was thinking of, but this one from Richard William's Animator's Survival Kit kind of shows it: https://philmullany.wordpress.com/2014/03/12/eyes/ And an animated example: https://youtu.be/2jRkx2PNVr8?t=1m11s Did you use frame by frame for this animation?
Thanks for the tip! I didn't do frame by frame animation but next time I'll definitely try this technique1
jessica951

Post by jessica951 »

Thank you for all the kind comments everyone! They are well appreciated!
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

This is an excellent job. Thank you very much for sharing. :)
chucky

Post by chucky »

That was lovely jessica951 in design, animation and storytelling.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Wow, saw a promo for smithmicro on facebook for AS 11 featuring a link to your Monster Tale animation, very cool, how did you get them to use your work?

LY
jessica951

Post by jessica951 »

Little Yamori wrote:Wow, saw a promo for smithmicro on facebook for AS 11 featuring a link to your Monster Tale animation, very cool, how did you get them to use your work?

LY
I didn't even know they shared my work till you mentioned it haha. Glad to see it's up there :D
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I'm not surprised Smith Micro shared it. What a fantastic example of the high standard of work you can do with Anime Studio. Brilliant animation and artwork Jessica :D
manzanimator

Post by manzanimator »

really great job :)
I also watched your tutorials and they helped me a lot!