10 2 sentenced horror stories

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sargumphigaus

10 2 sentenced horror stories

Post by sargumphigaus »

This was meant to scare people. So if you scare easily...watch anyways...come on now. You spend your entire life running way, what kind of life is that?

DK

Re: 10 2 sentenced horror stories

Post by DK »

Hey sargumphigaus.
There is something about the way you animate that screams "sargumphigaus" each time i see your work.
It's stylish and unique. Great stuff!
Don't get me wrong I love it as is...but there are a couple things, I think, that could help make it even better.

The narrators voice was quite muffled and I had difficulty understanding the words but the tonality was spot on.
Just shove the voice track into Audacity and punch up the tops/mids a tad with the equalizer.

Story 10 was the best and really quite scary....(never thought I would say that about an animation as I love horror movies). LOVE the flashing effects where the viewer gets to see a couple frames of a set of eyes now and then.......I think if you showed the demon face less and used this flashing technique to reveal it in parts, the viewers imagination is further stretched
and allows the mind to imagine what the creature looks like. Showing it's full face is much less scary as it is a drawing.

Anyways love it.
Keep it up!

Cheers
D.K
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

DK wrote:Hey sargumphigaus.
There is something about the way you animate that screams "sargumphigaus" each time i see your work.
It's stylish and unique. Great stuff!
Don't get me wrong I love it as is...but there are a couple things, I think, that could help make it even better.

The narrators voice was quite muffled and I had difficulty understanding the words but the tonality was spot on.
Just shove the voice track into Audacity and punch up the tops/mids a tad with the equalizer.

Story 10 was the best and really quite scary....(never thought I would say that about an animation as I love horror movies). LOVE the flashing effects where the viewer gets to see a couple frames of a set of eyes now and then.......I think if you showed the demon face less and used this flashing technique to reveal it in parts, the viewers imagination is further stretched
and allows the mind to imagine what the creature looks like. Showing it's full face is much less scary as it is a drawing.

Anyways love it.
Keep it up!

Cheers
D.K
I was worried it wouldn't translate across well but the monster has the mothers face, which was why it was shown as often as could be. As for the body, i did try to obscure it as often as i could.

I was also worried the voice was too quiet, I thought I had found the perfect balance. Its too late now. The video is up on Letsread!'s channel, and already has over a thousand views. What's done is done.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Wow, some good animation in there, and very creepy.
Dpendleton77

Post by Dpendleton77 »

Man these stories are good an they are actually scary.
Artpen

Post by Artpen »

Great work there, very dark, the last one was the scariest!!!!! :twisted:
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

The narrative structure works really well with this style of animation.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

I think i found my approach. We got more on the way. I'm working on a short story based on a creepypasta, and then someone is propositioning me to do a collab with him. Some dude with 80,000 subs. Good exposure.
Dpendleton77

Post by Dpendleton77 »

sargumphigaus wrote:I think i found my approach. We got more on the way. I'm working on a short story based on a creepypasta, and then someone is propositioning me to do a collab with him. Some dude with 80,000 subs. Good exposure.
That kid in the last one was a demon I know it.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

Dpendleton77 wrote:That kid in the last one was a demon I know it.
if that kid was a demon, than I don't want to know what the thing that took her was....even though i thought it up...
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

Ah yes. I haven't been checking in here quite as regularly lately, but I must admit that I've been missing that sargumphigaus charm. Nicely done.

Also the 2 sentence story structure works great with showcasing your style. Self contained, but lets you expand on things with your own brand of madness. :)
-ddrake
Dpendleton77

Post by Dpendleton77 »

sargumphigaus wrote:
Dpendleton77 wrote:That kid in the last one was a demon I know it.
if that kid was a demon, than I don't want to know what the thing that took her was....even though i thought it up...
It was her real mom.
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Love the work.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

Dpendleton77 wrote:It was her real mom.
nahhhh.

the premise is that the thing believes its her real mom, and that by killing her real mom, it was protecting her, because it essentially has the brain of an animal...or so that's what i told myself as I animated it. It wasn't intentional to be all that clear as to what its true nature was.
Dpendleton77

Post by Dpendleton77 »

sargumphigaus wrote:
Dpendleton77 wrote:It was her real mom.
nahhhh.

the premise is that the thing believes its her real mom, and that by killing her real mom, it was protecting her, because it essentially has the brain of an animal...or so that's what i told myself as I animated it. It wasn't intentional to be all that clear as to what its true nature was.
Even better. I like it I want to see more of that beast.