HELP w/character permissions

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

specialoh

HELP w/character permissions

Post by specialoh »

Support told me I'm lacking this

My chars are made of individual PNG files. I crop each body part in anime studios itself. I cannot render ANYTHING with these chars I make

They say permissions is reason wat is this??
jahnocli

Re: HELP w/character permissions

Post by jahnocli »

"Permissions" relates to how your system is set up to use your hard drive. If you don't have the right permission, you can't save to your hard drive. Do you have problems with any other programs?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
specialoh

Post by specialoh »

jahnocli wrote:"Permissions" relates to how your system is set up to use your hard drive. If you don't have the right permission, you can't save to your hard drive. Do you have problems with any other programs?
hey thanks for responding! no issues with any other program

the "permissions" being an issue is smith micros best guess (they gave up on me)

I animate all my chars the same, some work and some will INSTANTLY crash any render attempt.
i think its the way i am making my characters that is screwing it up, but some DO work the same way O.o

he said gathering media and placing in 1 folder should fix it, it doesn't.
specialoh

Post by specialoh »

hey i noticed something man maybe it will make sense to u and u can make it make sense to me :P

See the box? in every other character it shows a preview. This one seems empty.
but if i click okay, he still shows up but WILL crash upon render.

i changed the name and re-saved to library and now I DO see a preview.. will test export now!

specialoh

Post by specialoh »

didn't work. Same issue

dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

OK. Your problem is with your computer not the program. Permissions are a very bad attempt of copying Linux and Mac's file system. In short they don't allow invasive programs to change your computer. But most of the time they just make it so you can't do any work.

Here is a video explaining this nonsense: (because invasive programs, viruses and worms a place on computer by the Administrators account) catch 22- Have a computer that works or have one that is a piece of ship that never has these problems.

Dale
specialoh

Post by specialoh »

i use windows

turns out its not that? i take off the multi threading and the character works

its weird cuz i can multi thread with 4 characters but it wont work with 1 different 1 doing no actions
specialoh

Post by specialoh »

he made it seem like it was because of where my original png file was and it had to be in public pictures