How to animate a body turn in Anime Studio.

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

How to animate a body turn in Anime Studio.

Post by Poptoogi »

O.K. guys this is WARNING!!! This is a looong a@#$ video tutorial! Not my usual M.O. but some users asked me to make a body turn toot and, well, this is what I ended up with. I could have made the artwork and made it shorter but I wanted to show the actual process of what you need to do to make something like this. Often you see tutorial that are too polished and show you amazing results but often you don't see all of the work, mistakes and problem solving that go into figuring out how to get to that result.

Although this is for advanced users, it still contains small tips, tricks and notes on how to speed up your workflow and create animations that I have fumbled across on using this Primo program, I think it will be highly helpful for beginners to see these things.

I AM NOT going to start making super long videos like this unless I feel like it's warranted. I love making quick, to the point videos but sometimes you gotta get super descriptive like I did with this one!

I know it is insanely long but I didn't make it to try and get views. I made it to help anyone who really wants to see what you need to do in order to make a body turn using this method. If one or two people watch it and find it helpful thats good enough for me!

Again, sorry for the length. Promise next tutorial will be shorter than a freakin movie! LOL!

Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
neeters_guy

Re: How to animate a body turn in Anime Studio.

Post by neeters_guy »

Impressive results and excellent step-by-step of a vector body turn. I like the shorter lessons, but this is useful as well. Thanks for sharing.
Dpendleton77

Post by Dpendleton77 »

I watched this and enjoyed it. The vid even though it is an hour did not seem like that to me. You keep the pace and you did not have a lot of dead air nor did you over explain.
sillyanimate

Post by sillyanimate »

The tutorial did not make sense at all
Don't forget! No one is perfect!
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

The tutorial made perfect sense. The primary element required is patience. Thanx for putting it together, and sharing it.
Raaskot

Post by Raaskot »

Excellent instruction! May I just suggest two things:

(1) Set the pose sheet image as the topmost layer, 50 (or less) % transparent. This makes it much easier to compare the copied/traced outlines all time.
(2) Be a bit more generous with the traced points and use the Magnet (X) tool to push the outline around. Use alt-LMB to alter the Magnet size. It is way faster than picking and translate every each point in the keyframing process.

sillyanimate

Post by sillyanimate »

The only problem is that you can't actually rig a character like this....

I recommend translated the arm and leg bones for a 180° rig and adjust torso....
But make the head turn a diffrent action
Don't forget! No one is perfect!