How many frames for smart bone/action (secondary timeline?)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rar313

How many frames for smart bone/action (secondary timeline?)

Post by rar313 »

When designing a smart bone or action, how does one determine, on the secondary timeline, duration (how many frames) to make a smart bone or action? Are there general guidelines? In on line tutorials, the duration on the secondary timeline is chose anywhere from a couple of frames to 100 frames without explanation of why that duration is chosen.
synthsin75

Re: How many frames for smart bone/action (secondary timelin

Post by synthsin75 »

Generally somewhere around 100 frames is good for anything. Too few frames will make the smart bone action less smooth.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I agree with Wes, I usually go for 100, a nice even number that is easy to divide!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

It depends on the motion. If there are a lot complex motions, then you'll need more frames to smooth it out. In a wide head turns, for example, you may need to fix points at various frames. Ditto, If there are points that move in curves, ie., in the x and y directions.

For simple linear point motion, you only need one frame. Eskchat shows this effectively in this recent thread, my new Character "fokal" step by step. All his smart bone actions are on frame one and there's even layer sort as well.
Lychee

Post by Lychee »

Hello.

I also noticed that more you put images in a smartbone, it requests resources from the computer.
happened me to have a fluid action I put a lot of images, but instead it gave the wrong computer for showed the fluid action in real time.
I tried to make a headturn over an action in the timeline, image 0 (front view), 1 (3/4 view) and 2 (profile view), but it made me frame by frame.
It would be nice to have an option as the 0 to 1 image but for the full timeline, interpolations to save computer resources.