Moho Losing Focus (Win 10)

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fuzatron

Moho Losing Focus (Win 10)

Post by Fuzatron »

I'll be working along and all of a sudden i get a chime when hitting a shortcut, and notice that my title bar is light gray (lost focus). I have to click to make Moho the active program again before continuing work... I have had it happen while just looking through my layers without clicking or scrolling too.

In the task bar Moho still shows as the active program even when the title bar shows otherwise.

Anyone else experience this or have any advice?

Thanks!
synthsin75

Re: Moho Losing Focus (Win 10)

Post by synthsin75 »

Undocked windows are separate from the main window, so if you've done something in them, you'll need to click in the main windows to return focus.
Fuzatron

Post by Fuzatron »

It's happening just at random times. Like while renaming a layer, it'll lose focus before i finish typing. Tried going back to 11 and it's not happening there... Gonna try a reinstall i guess.

Thanks for trying!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Do you have the 12.2 update. I remember there being an issue with inline naming of layers.
Fuzatron

Post by Fuzatron »

Yeah. Was with the 12.2 update. I just reinstalled and updated, and the problem remains.

I can be dragging a keyframe, scaling a shape, or whatever like that. Even while the mouse button is pressed i'll see the title bar lose focus (changes to light gray). Or i can just be hovering wherever. It's like something else is opening or taking focus away from Moho. But the task bar still just shows Moho as being active... Key commands don't work after it loses focus, and i just get chime alerts.

If it's just me experiencing this, i may just need to do a re-install of Windows 10 :(
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

That sounds like some other software stealing focus.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Fuzatron wrote:If it's just me experiencing this, i may just need to do a re-install of Windows 10

You don't need to do that, I've suffered it too... There is a known (and already reported) bug that makes Moho randomly lose focus while working on projects which contains some kind of media (like MP4 videos and so) imported on it. Greetings.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Ramon! Long time no see!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Oh, yeah... I'm not too much communicative :oops:, but I'm still around here. And well, in this case I hope it's useful to avoid a Windows reinstallation at least... Well, greetings again!
Fuzatron

Post by Fuzatron »

Ramón López wrote:
Fuzatron wrote:If it's just me experiencing this, i may just need to do a re-install of Windows 10

You don't need to do that, I've suffered it too... There is a known (and already reported) bug that makes Moho randomly lose focus while working on projects which contains some kind of media (like MP4 videos and so) imported on it. Greetings.
Thanks a TON, Ramon!!!!
The project did have a video (storyboar/animatic) in it... That explains everything... Sooooo glad to hear that :D
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Well, even if it was not good news after all, any clue when it comes to this kind of cases or knowing you are not the only one is something at least... so I'm glad it (somehow) helped :)
Fuzatron

Post by Fuzatron »

Ha! No, i was thinking i was going to have to go back to 11 and/or wipe my machine... Even thought i might have a virus or something :roll:

I am extremely appreciative you took the time to let me know :D