Inserting frames from Actions.

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Glen Crowell

Inserting frames from Actions.

Post by Glen Crowell »

It whould be a big help to be able to select a single frame or a frame range from an action to insert back into the mainline. This would let us libary poses easier. Ditto the reverse out of the main line. See a good pose you might want to reuse while animating in the mainline? Export that frame to a new action with all bone and point animation. Plus, at least for single frame actions, the ability to use an Switch selection like window to view a preview of each action pose then insert a copy or a refference.
synthsin75

Re: Inserting frames from Actions.

Post by synthsin75 »

You can already copy and paste keyframes between actions and the mainline. If you enable timeline visibility for multiple layers, you can even do bone and point keys at the same time.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You know, I never thought about displaying bones and points at the same time inside an Action. I've always edited Actions one layer at a time.

Thanks Wes. This should make editing Smart Bone Actions go quicker. :)
Glen Crowell

Post by Glen Crowell »

Thanks, I know I can copy and paste between mainline and actions. It is even easier now in Moho 12 because I can consolodate channels and turn on the bone and vector layers in the timeline and much more easily select all the keys for that frame to copy and paste.

But it is still a multi step chore. I want the production ease of going to frame 72, which may or may not have any keys set, and select "Copy action frame" and then all bone and point postions on that frame is copied to the clipboard. Then that frame or frame range can be pasted elsewhere in the mainline or into an existing action or "Copy action frame to new Action".

In an action inset copy or insert intance can allow you to "Copy action frame" or "Copy action frame range" to other actions or to the mainline. No manuely selecting the keys on a frame, just pick a frame or frame range with the scrubber, or the frame number display and that's what gets copied.

And then if there is an Action Selection window like the Switch selection window, at least for single frame action poses that whould be so cool.
Glen Crowell

Post by Glen Crowell »

I find I can like poses, but discover that I need, for example, 4 more frames of inbetweens. It's better in Moho 12 but it would be very useful if along with "Make keyframe" and "Select all keys" there was a "Select frame". A vertical selection of all keys so that you can easily just shift your whole body keys to the right 4 frames without much time and effort.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Glen Crowell wrote:I find I can like poses, but discover that I need, for example, 4 more frames of inbetweens. It's better in Moho 12 but it would be very useful if along with "Make keyframe" and "Select all keys" there was a "Select frame". A vertical selection of all keys so that you can easily just shift your whole body keys to the right 4 frames without much time and effort.
viewtopic.php?p=173430#p173430
Glen Crowell

Post by Glen Crowell »

Thanks! When I get time I'll have to figure out how to instale a script in Moho.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Just drop it in the scripts/menu folder of your Custom Content folder (usually created when you first run Moho) and reload scripts with the hotkey ctrl+alt+shft+L.
Glen Crowell

Post by Glen Crowell »

Wow, thanks. I will give it a try...
Glen Crowell

Post by Glen Crowell »

OK. I right clicked on the script and saved the lus file to Scripts> menu. Then I hit Ctl/shift/Alt/L to refresh the cripts. It apeared to do this in Moho 12. But I don't see the script under "Scripts" or as a tool. I know this is my user error. Any suggestions?
Glen Crowell

Post by Glen Crowell »

I created a new folder called Syn_SelectFrameKeys under scripts> menu and copied the lua file into thid folder. The reloaded scripts by hitting ctl/alt/shift/L. But it still doesn't show up under scripts. I'm going to try a relaunch of Moho...
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Here, try this:
Glen Crowell

Post by Glen Crowell »

Many thanks, Wes, for your help. I did as you directed and this time it shows up under the Scriprs menu fine. But it appears to do nothing. I moved the timelinr frame slector to X frame where there were ksys, used the script comand, but no vertical selection of keys appeared. No effect I could see.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If you're putting it into the folder used by the version of Moho you are using, it should work. If not, there's a problem on your end that I wouldn't be able to help solve without watching you follow the above steps.