Moho 12.3 Update

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jmartins

Re: Moho 12.3 Update

Post by jmartins »

Hey guys,

Moho 12.3 update for Mac is again live. Sorry for the delay but we've had issues with the signing of the application, and those are quite the pain to solve. Hope the version makes up for it.
JoelMayer wrote: Not to be too harsh, but i don't see any update for the Mac Version so unless i'm doing something wrong (Help->Check for Updates) i really have to tell you that you should stop making announcements you can't keep. Almost half a year ago i was told in an E-Mail that the next Update is only "a couple of weeks" away. Then you say the Mac Update will come the next day... Maybe if you're unsure about something like this it's better not to say anything, sorry but it's kinda frustrating sometimes, thanks for understanding.
I'm very sorry to ear that Joel. I hope you understand that we are a new team picking up the software, and there's a lot of unknowns that we have yet to master, and as such we may experience some hiccups on the beginning.

I hope the knowledge that we are now working on update 12.4 makes up for it. Stay tuned.
João Martins
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

jmartins wrote:I hope the knowledge that we are now working on update 12.4 makes up for it. Stay tuned.
Awesome! Good luck. :)
chucky

Post by chucky »

12.4 ? Nice.
These little upgrades are certainly a good way to lower the team into the tub without getting scorched.
I can imagine each dev exploring features and code, strengths and weaknesses, through the process and feeling out for some, bolder moves heading toward that notorious next version number.
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

For those interested I did talk about what I was able to find with the latest update

I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Huh, the beta version of 12.3 (which we were told is identical to the GM release) doesn't have any problem copy/pasting keyframes. At least here, on Windows 8.
Of course, I haven't seen 12.2 crashing much either.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Copying and pasting keyframes is working here with version 12.3 on mac
rrahh

Post by rrahh »

ulrik wrote:Copying and pasting keyframes is working here with version 12.3 on mac
Copying and pasting Keyframes does not work on my mac (12.3 on a macOS Sierra).
Also the Undo-function seems to have stopped working.
jmartins

Post by jmartins »

mtbuck24 wrote:For those interested I did talk about what I was able to find with the latest update

Hey McCoy,

Thanks for the input, it's awesome to see how devoted you guys are to share your findings.

But I'll have to let you know that the copy/paste of keyframes is actually working, you've just made a mistake on the flow, although I don't condone you as the UI choice was not the . best.

You were actually trying to copy keyframes from another object (Coleman). The reason for it is, when you ticked of the timeline on the Bessie Coleman 'parent layer', it doesn't propagate to their children, so the keyframes that were showing were from coleman. As Coleman wasn't selected you couldn't paste the keyframes, as the timeline is for a different object. In my view this is a UI design that is not visually expressive to the user, hence you end up getting different results then what you expect. We've already chatted this morning about it, and we're thinking of a fix for the next release.
João Martins
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Thanks jmartins for catching my mistake! In retrospect I wish I edited that part out altogether as I later wasn't able to replicate my mistake and could not figure out why I wasn't able to copy + paste in that exact moment. I appreciate you guys still giving us hope for the software - many passionate users like myself are really looking forward to 12.4 and the continued fixes. Thank you again!

Best regards,
McCoy Buck
chucky

Post by chucky »

Hey McCoy.
About autosave , it might be stable now, but as a rule, I find that in ANY application it can cause interference with smooth operation, especially in apps that take time to save.
If you do change your video in any way, I would not make any great point to users about check it on.
I am not criticising or disparaging the feature, but you might want to look into it a bit more, eh.

Great to have 12.3 btw looking forward to 12.4.
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Awesome thanks Chucky! That is good to know - I will do a pin post with the update/ corrections about the video. I appreciate the feedback.

Best regards,
McCoy
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I kinda agree about Autosave, although, until Moho 12.0-12.2, I didn't have any problems with the one built-into Moho. However, with some 3D programs I use that have Autosave, it did get pretty annoying with extra large files, especially over a slower network. Under similar circumstances, I can see how that might be true with Moho too.

In the future, I would really like to see native support for setting how often Moho should save a backup and for saving multiple backup files incrementally.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Greenlaw wrote:

In the future, I would really like to see native support for setting how often Moho should save a backup and for saving multiple backup files incrementally.
I actually think a little warning before and during a backup would be useful, just to let users hold the trigger on some more demanding procedures. Hell if I saw an auto save symbol come up I would wait until it stopped flashing before doing anything.
Gaucho

Post by Gaucho »

rrahh wrote:
ulrik wrote:Copying and pasting keyframes is working here with version 12.3 on mac
Copying and pasting Keyframes does not work on my mac (12.3 on a macOS Sierra).
Also the Undo-function seems to have stopped working.
I am experiencing the same!
Because these are essential functions, I am reinstalling Moho 12.2.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Staying with 11 until everything gets ironed out with 12.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group