Moho 12.3 Update

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: Moho 12.3 Update

Post by Greenlaw »

Before you do that, you might want to deactivate the license. Otherwise, you will lose an activation. (You get three activations.)

Fortunately, if you do lose an activation, you should be able to get it back by going to your account and removing activations that are no longer in use.
manberzil

Post by manberzil »

Could any of you please tell me if there is a way to unistall Moho 12.3 and go back to version 12.2?
My system is MacOS 10.10.5

Thank you very much

Paulo Zilberman
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

manberzil wrote:Could any of you please tell me if there is a way to unistall Moho 12.3 and go back to version 12.2?
My system is MacOS 10.10.5

Thank you very much

Paulo Zilberman
Look under help.

The license you have is on a sever some where in the world. You need to tell it that your no longer using Moho 12.3. Then reinstall or open 12.2

Dale
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Do you have the 12.2 installer on-hand? I don't think you can download older versions of software from Smith-Micro, so if you didn't keep a backup, you may need to contact their support people.

In the future, you might consider installing a new release to its own directory so you can fall back on an older version if you need to. I keep all recent versions installed on my computer going back to ASP 10, just in case.

To do this, just redirect the installer to make a version specific file. Do this for both x64 and x32 versions. You'll also want to rename the shortcuts so there is no confusion about which version they launch.
manberzil

Post by manberzil »

Thank you for the advice
I have installed version 12.1 back and I will keep it installed in the future as a backup
I don't have the 12.2 installer because I used the Check for updates command and I think it doesn't store the installer, I searched and could not find it
Let's see if the support can help

Thanks!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Auto-updating is fine but when a new update comes out, it's a good idea to also download the installer and back it up somewhere. This way, you can go back to any version even when you no longer have it installed. (Naturally, you should back up all your serial numbers too since each major release uses a different key.)
Janno

Post by Janno »

rrahh wrote:

Launch Moho, you will have to Activate again.

---
I had the greyed out menu problems too. After each start of the program I had a different issue with greyed out menu options.
So I deactivated the program and activated it again, without deleting or moving any folder, and now all seems to work fine.

Update: No, once I had copied and pasted a shape, CMD -X and CMD-C were greyed out. Had to start the application again.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

So 12.3 is broken?
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Moho 12.3 seems good on Windows 7 and Windows 10. (I haven't had a Windows 8 computer for a few years now.) I used 12.3 all last week at work and it proved far more stable than 12.2 had been, even with Auto Save enabled. At home, I've been using 12.3 with Auto Save for quite some time with no major problems.

On Mac, it sounds like the 12.3 user experience may be mixed, although the reasons for it are not clear yet. I don't have any personal experience with this myself. It would be helpful if more Mac users could chime in and share their experience.

BTW, I updated my OS to Window Creators Fall Update today (version 1709). I'm not anticipating any problems but will post here if I run into anything unusual with it and 12.3.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Greenlaw wrote: ...BTW, I updated my OS to Window Creators Fall Update today (version 1709). I'm not anticipating any problems but will post here if I run into anything unusual with it and 12.3.
What version were you on before? (I've been on 1703 for a while and all seems ok)
david_macrae

Post by david_macrae »

I am running Moho Pro 12.3 and I just upgraded to MacOS High Sierra 10.13. I have not used it a lot lately but everything does seem to be working well so far. I have had no problems. Also during the OS Upgrade my SSD was automatically upgraded to the new APFS case insensitive by default. All my programs including Photoshop CS6 are working the same as they were before.

One note I did deactivate my license and reactive it after the upgrade.
Gaucho

Post by Gaucho »

Hello everyone!
Yesterday and today I checked for updates Moho Pro for Mac and repeatedly the message said that 12.2 is currently the newest version available.
I hope they retracted for now the 12.3 version to solve its problems.
As a Mac user I am looking forward to be able to update Moho Pro like the PC users did.
Cheers!
david_macrae

Post by david_macrae »

I have 12.3 just paste your serial here to get the update:

http://my.smithmicro.com/moho-pro-updates.html
Gaucho

Post by Gaucho »

david_macrae wrote:I have 12.3 just paste your serial here to get the update:

http://my.smithmicro.com/moho-pro-updates.html
Thanks David Macrame for the link to the update from Smith Micro website.
Previously I did the update from the Help drop down menu of the software but because of the Mac version problems already experienced (also described in the forum) I reinstalled 12.2.
Now I want to give a new try to 12.3 applying some of the other users' suggestions to make it works.
Lets see what happens!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

hayasidist wrote:
Greenlaw wrote: ...BTW, I updated my OS to Window Creators Fall Update today (version 1709). I'm not anticipating any problems but will post here if I run into anything unusual with it and 12.3.
What version were you on before? (I've been on 1703 for a while and all seems ok)
I was on 1703 and running fine then too. I only made that comment because another user in another animation program reported a right-click problem with their Wacom stylus after updating to 1709. I updated later that day and ran into the same problem but then I figured out that disabling Windows Ink in the Wacom Control panel make the pen work correctly again. My guess is that updating to 1709 may have enabled the option. Nothing serious but it made me wonder what else got changed that affects my workflow.

BTW, the above may or may not affect Moho...I haven't taken the time to check. Just something to keep in mind if you do see a stylus problem.