My child's animation won a school award

Seen some cool animation lately? Share it with the rest of us.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

My child's animation won a school award

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi everybody!

I want to share something my daughter Sienna created: an animated short called 'A Fox's Tale'. This week, her film won a PTA Reflections Film Production Award Of Excellence for her school. PTA Reflections is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program to encourage artistic creativity. My wife says Sienna's entry is moving on to a district competition now.

Sienna was 9-years old when she made this short back in August. She storyboarded and animated all the scenes by herself, and she also composed and performed the score. Needless to say, I'm super proud of her. There's more info about Sienna's project on our website, along with a pic and the movie itself:

Sienna’s Animated Short Wins PTA Reflections Award

Sienna has been creating FBF animations since she was six or so. I'll have to get more of her work up on the website. Some of her earlier stuff is pretty funny and surprisingly ambitious for her age.

Sorry, 'A Fox's Tale' was not created using Moho but Sienna is learning how to use Moho now, and already thinking about her first 'Moho' production. :)

Enjoy!
jahnocli

Re: My child's animation won a school award

Post by jahnocli »

I especially enjoyed the bits where the colour was not constrained by lines. At the age of 9 I won a prize for drawing: it was "The Observer's Book of Pond Life". Ha ha! I was as disappointed as only a 9 year old can be...Your daughter is doing great - well done!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Wow! Congratulations to Sienna!
She is very talented. I wish I could animate something like that at her age (and many years later too...)
I loved how the tails were used to reveal the credits.

Congratulations to you and your wife too. It's great to see how you support and encourage her to express herself artistically.
Thank you for sharing it with us!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

That's awesome dude! send on our congratulations :)
cynthia

Post by cynthia »

Congratulations to Sienna on her wonderful achievement! I really liked the animation and the theme. My favourite part was when the cat said, "Are you okay?" The expression and the voice expressed such sincerity, I felt moved. The use of the tail with the text was very creative design. I think someone else on the forum really liked it too. I loved the voices and thought the music was superb.
DK

Post by DK »

Simply wonderful and left me with a tear in my eye....that's when you know it's good ;)

Cheers
D.K
exile

Post by exile »

Just discovered this now - fantastic, how a child that age can express so much with this medium. All the best to Sienna and her justly proud parents.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
zoesan

Sogoi

Post by zoesan »

Sogoi, わあー。。。 すごいね!) Japanese for 'great'. Great musical score too.
Barry71

Post by Barry71 »

many congrats to the young lad :mrgreen:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks guys!

Not long ago she created another animated short for this year's competition. Her new film won at the school level and it's now in the running at the next level. I'll post a link soon.