missing files

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

imwm

missing files

Post by imwm »

i used a psd files in my project and i change the place of this files to new location in my PC
moho ask me to replace the missing files and i did then it work great but when i export it the video has a big blue x
every time i open this project it ask for the missing files even if i located last time !
is this a bug

i use moho pro 12.4
imwm

Re: missing files

Post by imwm »

that when i press ctrl + r

and when i export

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That means the renderer can't see the file. Did you save the file before rendering it?

FWIW, I normally output PNG layers from Photoshop to avoid problems like this. I recommend Photoshop-Export-Layers-to-Files-Fast. It's much faster than the native version and has more features. One 'gotcha', however, is that it can't overwrite its own exports, so you need to manually delete the existing PNGs before writing a new version.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Swapping the layered PSD file after moving it is working here.

That said, I've seen a similar problem happen at work when a co-worker opened a file I've set up and Moho couldn't find some of the files on her system. But it still okay when I opened the file on my computer. It was a mystery because all the files were stored on the network and not local. We finally got that solved but I'll have to think about what went wrong and how we fixed it. (Sorry, that was a while ago.)

I'm guessing the same thing or something similar has happened to you. I'll keep thinking about this. It might help if you list the path of the original file location and the path to the new file location.

Question: are you using UNC paths, mapped paths, or both? I don't know if it matters but it might help to know.

Hopefully, somebody will pop in soon with more helpful info.
imwm

Post by imwm »

i do what you suggest and export the psd file to png files i replace each file and the problem still there
yes i do save before exporting the animation and even restart my pc
imwm

Post by imwm »

okkkk i just know now why this problem cause

when i move the files i move them to a file with the name ( _files name) i add _ to the file name to make it upper the files and that what make the issue.
i remove the _ and it works great now :D
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's strange because I often use the underscore in filenames. Although, when I think about it, I don't think I normally use the underscore at the beginning of the name, but maybe within the text or before the sequence number if it exists. Not sure that matters but maybe it does? Will test this myself when I get a chance.

Thanks for following up. Will keep this in mind in case it happens to me. :)

Another thought: are you sure there isn't a space also involved. A space can sometimes break a path in certain applications. That's pobably not what's happening in your case but I thought I should mention it.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imwm

Post by imwm »

hi i am so confuse the problem back i dont know why or how !!
justoshow

Post by justoshow »

Had this same issue. I remove the spaces out of my image file name and it worked!
justoshow

Post by justoshow »

Update: It's happening again for me. It's random, I'm not sure why it happens.