Clip Studio, dropping Smith Micro?

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chucky

Re: Clip Studio, dropping Smith Micro?

Post by chucky »

Another great drawing Darth!.
Yes weird and awesome animals.
A lot of google images of pademelons are not pademelons, the little fat fluffy ones are.
Some friends of mine nearby ( who have a Tassie devil under the house) say they daw a Thylacine on their property ( that's hard to believe- but it would be the first tall story they ever told and completely out of character, I'd love to believe it was true).
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Science might resurrect the Thylacine back from extinction if they succeed with the woolly mammoth first. So maybe he can have tea with the pademelon in your garden one day!

Today's doodle, shoe monster:
exile

Post by exile »

Too bad there's no like button - but maybe it's better without the disadvantages of Facebook. Keep 'em comin'.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
chucky

Post by chucky »

Are they cross trainers?

I think the Thylacine would enjoy the Pademelon for tea.
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

exile wrote:Too bad there's no like button - but maybe it's better without the disadvantages of Facebook. Keep 'em comin'.
We're in the age of likes! That's why forums are kinda dying off, everyone has been migrating to social media. I still prefer forums because it feels more personal.

Chucky - I just realized those shoes are based on "Chuckys", aka Chuck Taylors from Converse, lol. They have no sole and it feels like you're walking around barefoot but those are my favorite shoes.

Ok today i cheated, this is a clip studio/after effects combo:

Would love to see others post stuff, maybe we can get an art jam going...
exile

Post by exile »

DarthFurby wrote:
We're in the age of likes! That's why forums are kinda dying off, everyone has been migrating to social media. I still prefer forums because it feels more personal.

Would love to see others post stuff, maybe we can get an art jam going...
Fakebook is fine for just posting stuff, but if you want to know how it was done or you have a question about a Moho feature or want to see if someone else had a problem like yours, you're better off here IMO (in spite of the lousy search function - you can find your topic in the archives with Google).

I have to admit I put likes on FB just to be nice - especially if someone is getting started. Another downside is that FB group moderators are not always as tolerant as here - you can bash Smith Micro on this forum without your posts being deleted. I'd say this is the most valuable resource for Moho users.
Steve

chucky

Post by chucky »

Medusa, good trick with animated hair, as for the Chuck Taylors, well , another thing in common; I'm a redhead, so also have 'no sole' :mrgreen:
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

exile wrote:Another downside is that FB group moderators are not always as tolerant as here - you can bash Smith Micro on this forum without your posts being deleted. I'd say this is the most valuable resource for Moho users.
I remember facebook tried to copyright the word "face", but I only use that site to keep in touch with family/friends. Imagine getting sued for typing the word "face", sheesh. Lost Marble forum all the way!
chucky wrote:I'm a redhead, so also have 'no sole'
If you ever attend a Holi Hai festival(aka festival of colors), you might get to be a bluehead/yellowhead for a day like I was(there were plenty of redheads there too, lol):

Today's sketch:
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Deathlock - cyborg supersoldier from the future:
chucky

Post by chucky »

Another ripper Darth.
That cyborg's asking for trouble with those hoses.
He's bound to catch one on a door handle.
exile

Post by exile »

chucky wrote:Another ripper Darth.
That cyborg's asking for trouble with those hoses.
He's bound to catch one on a door handle.
The more complicated the technology, the more vulnerable it becomes.
Steve

ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

Clip Studio just did another release update that also includes a Clip Studio Modeler material room. You can now do more things with a 3D model and paint them as well. Nothing like substance painter. Also the 3D obj import looks really good and detail. I think FBF in Clip Studio is very good and could be imported as sequence images into MOHO really well. There is a tutorial; on how to bone a character to be use in Clip Studio.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Thanks for the heads up. Just downloaded and installed. :D
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Now that is interesting. I don't need another 3D paint program for CGI, but having 3D paint tools inside Clip Studio could be a very useful if you use 3D characters and props in comics.

The first and last time I used 3D models in a digital comic was back in the 1990's (Adobe Illustrator 5 with 3D vectors from Strata,) but there was no way to paint directly on the 3D objects so I had to fake it. (Actually, Illustrator didn't even have vector brushes back then; it was all click and drag (just like with Moho's Add Points tool. :)) Here's an example of what that looked like):

It was kind of a pain to create a hybrid 2D/3D comic back then, but I might enjoy doing it with the new tools in CSP.

Anyway, yes, thanks for the heads up. Downloading it now.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Here's the update, for anyone else looking: http://www.clipstudio.net/en/site/aplin ... net_pr_old