Qustions about animating in moho

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Hamedss

Qustions about animating in moho

Post by Hamedss »

Hi everyone. I am novice in moho and for some reasons switched my animation program from 3ds max to moho. I found it amazing app but i could not figure some things out.
As you can guess my english is horrible so I apologize for it. :oops:
I have few question about animating in moho:
1- how turn animate mode off?
Yes i know moho always animating any change in parameters but it will be useful if turn this feature off. Let say what you do if you want give your animation offset.? For example you animated a bouncy ball and you want pull it 10 unit up.
2- is there any way for motion graph fast interpolation? There are few interpolation like smooth, linear, ease in/ out and ... Which are very usefull.
When I animate in smooth kayframing it fits for most action but when I want do some fall action or something like crashing into wall. there is no option but bezier curve mode. I can do it for single object well but what should i do when i had a chatacter with bones falling on the ground or crash into the wall. I asked this question because there is fast interpolation option in 3ds max graph editor that make things so easier.
3- Is there better way to transform bones?
I prefer to use transform tool for animating bones. But when 2 or more bone get near together a problem shows itself! The selected bone as always get red color and nearest bone get two red circle on the it's begining and end. The problem is that the selected bone which you want to animate it become deselected and the near bone were animated!

4- child bones ( which linked to another bone) lost motion path and just end bones shows motion path.Is it ok?
slowtiger

Re: Qustions about animating in moho

Post by slowtiger »

Check out interpolation modes of keyframes. "Step" is your friend to stop movements totally.

In Moho you don't manipulate an interpolation graph, you just create additional keyframes.

Name your bones, so they show up in the dropdown on top of the project window for selection.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Hamedss

Post by Hamedss »

Thanks tiger I know the step is stop movement but I think ( as I did before and) you suggested i most do fast interpolation manualy. I wish it appear in next version of moho.
I usually click and animate a bone and not select from a ( big!) list . there is not any way to override the near bone problem?it is too annoying! :cry:
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

1 - If you select all of the ball`s keyframes on timeline and check "Relative Keyframing", you`ll be able to move the whole "selected movement"
2 - If you use "bezier" as an interpolation (drop menu, in Timeline), you`ll have all new keyframes as bezier and the graph available
3 - If you use "Hide selected bones" you`ll resolve the issue with "BIG" and "small" bones (now, if you also get used to keyboard shortcuts - \o/ \o/ \o/)

4 - ?
I don`t understand your question.
Hamedss

Post by Hamedss »

That's sounds great. Thanks. I will check it.
Hamedss

Post by Hamedss »

Hi maestral and thanks for guiding me.
1- I went into some point in my animation and activated Relative keyframing and pulled the ball somewhere. No difference and it just add a keyframe for moving ball.
2- I know how bezier work and how set default keyframing. That is not the answer :wink:
3- I had a character with about 40 bones and Useed shy bone properties for hiding needless ones. Why I should hide selected bone when want to animate it?
4- imagine a chain of 3 bones. If you check show path o above of the viewport you will be able to see bone path of movment. But it is available only for parent bone ( the first created bone on the chain).
Thanks again :)