Import SVG files with groups / layers intact

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mrc

Import SVG files with groups / layers intact

Post by mrc »

I work with illustrators who don't use anything but Adobe Illustrator. To get the character artwork into moho I have to import SVG files. These files are already organised into meaningful, properly named groups or layers but moho imports everything into one vector layer.

It would be nice if moho would create and name multiple vector layers according to the groups of the SVG file.

Marc
You don't agree with the post above? Click here.
www.tricklabor.com/en
guido

Re: Import SVG files with groups / layers intact

Post by guido »

Hi there!

I totally support this request. It's a reasonable workflow to import SVGs from Adobe Illustrator into Moho and it should be fully supported.

Moho can export SVGs with layers converted to groups and all names correctly in place. Furthermore SVGs exported from Moho have gradients and clipping masks that are correctly recognized by Adobe Illustrator.

But when one re-imports Moho's own SVG files, all this information is lost: no layers, no names, no clipping masks and no gradients. Same holds true for SVGs from other software like Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape. It should be easy to implement full SVG functionality in Moho, and that would help users a lot.

In addition to Marc, I'd like to suggest that real-time media connection should work for SVGs too, if possible.

Guido
jlgroff

Re: Import SVG files with groups / layers intact

Post by jlgroff »

I agree with the suggestion that Moho 13.5 or 14 get this functionality. It would be great to be able to import SVG with groups and layers intact. There is an adobe illustrator script ( https://gist.githubusercontent.com/TomB ... porter.jsx )that does this -but I only use affinity designer.