Duh, ...

Discuss Papagayo issues here

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Xork

Duh, ...

Post by Xork »

I am a relative newbie to Moho. Can someone please tell me, if I have a masked Mouth, (w/ teeth etc), do I need to place several groups of
the masked mouth shapes under a switch layer and name the groups, AI, E, etc, to allow Papagyo to interpret the 'masked phoneme layer groups'? Phew.
~Xork
synthsin75

Re: Duh, ...

Post by synthsin75 »

The simple answer is yes, for layers that switch suddenly, without interpolation between the keyframes.

Prior to Moho 12, switches could only interpolate direct child layers (when using interpolate sublayers in the switch settings). We had to reference the switch, have each switch show a different element (teeth, tongue, etc.), and then mask these switches. Luckily, Moho 12 introduced nested interpolation, so we can now do masking in groups and switches can interpolate the group sublayers.

The direct child layers in a switch need to use your chosen phoneme naming convention, like the Preston Blair phonemes used by Papagayo*. The groups just have to have the same number of sublayers in the same order, and those sublayers need to be modified duplicates, so they have the same vector point count and order.

*Personally, I use fewer phonemes, even for interpolated lip-sync, as too many don't tend to read well with fast dialogue.
Xork

Re: Duh, ...

Post by Xork »

Thnx Wes, ...
~Xork