Actions not working in main timeline

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gibble

Actions not working in main timeline

Post by Gibble »

I added actions to a bone and they work fine within the actions timeline [sub-Mainline]
But when I test the bone on the main timeline, it looks like the actions are being applied.
Any suggestions why this is happening??

Note:
I thought the file might have been buggy so I deleted the rigging and began to re-rig it. But that didn't fix anything.

Here is a screen capture of the issue. See below:
View My Video
[youtube]https://youtu.be/QhOZjUqV1ZQ[/youtube]
Last edited by Gibble on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Re: Actions not working in main timeline

Post by synthsin75 »

If this is a smart bone action, the bone and action need to have the same name (or the name plus " 2" for separate direction actions).
If the SB is controlling nested layers, no bone can have influence on any of that layer's parent layers.

Make sure there are no animation channels muted in the action timeline.
Gibble

Post by Gibble »

Thank you very much for the suggestion Synthsin75. Where do I check for that? (I am a Moho Newbie)

Here is a screen capture of the issue:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/QhOZjUqV1ZQ[/youtube]
Gibble

Post by Gibble »

That was it! Action naming. THANK YOU very much, Synthsin75!!! Your assistance and suggestion worked perfectly!

I guess it wasn't a technically a bug- although it was unexpected and seemed a little 'buggy'. It seems odd that Moho allows you to rename the actions even though it will make the action no longer functional. Until they fix this, it might be smart to disable the naming functionality.