MOHO DEBUT 12 not working properly (SOLVED)

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Just_No

MOHO DEBUT 12 not working properly (SOLVED)

Post by Just_No »

I haven't been using Moho Debut 12 as much. I purchased a physical copy in 2016 for my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop and only use it to practice.

This year, after my laptop had to be fixed, I install the Moho Debut 12 and was fine when I open the program, but the animation was not moving smoothly. When I click the Play/Stop button the animation is very slow and the frames either will not show up or very little at a time.

Example 1: https://youtu.be/dacASd63q9Y

Example 2: https://youtu.be/Da-0wXUggoA

The controls/tools are also an issue; when I click on any tools and use it, it will take between 10-30 seconds for something to happen.

I tried refreshing and turning off my computer, made an upgrade to the latest version, but it still has the same issue.

I hope this makes any sense. I'm very confused about what's going on with the program.
Last edited by Just_No on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Re: HELP. MOHO DEBUT 12 not working properly

Post by synthsin75 »

Have you tried reinstalling or checking for updates?
Just_No

Post by Just_No »

Yeah, I checked and did an update to Moho 12.3 and 12.5 updates. I reinstalled twice and it's still acting the same.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If I had to guess, I would think that your laptop may need some drivers updated after being fixed, where they could have rolled everything back.
Just_No

Post by Just_No »

I checked the Update and Security and everything seems up to date. It could be the laptop causing the issue but the laptop worked fine as before.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Here's some info on checking graphics drivers: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how- ... up-to-date
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

What happens when you disable or enable GPU acceleration in Moho? Try switching off the display GPU option first but also try the global one in preferences. If it works better when it's off, that might indicate a graphics card/chip set issue. If so, look for a driver update for your computer's graphics chip set. The one at the chip manufacturer's site will be more current but since you have a laptop, check the laptop manufacturer's site first. (Some laptops require a special custom version but I don't think that's the case with most Lenovo laptops. Check to be sure.)

FWIW, I have a Lenovo laptop at home and Moho works fine there. I normally run Moho in Pro mode but sometimes switch to Debut mode for a project I'm working on.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Debut doesn't have GPU acceleration.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, duh. Never mind then. :)

But I would still check if there is newer graphics driver for your computer. It's possible that when your computer was fixed, they restored it from a backup that could have been outdated.
Just_No

Post by Just_No »

I went to Preferences and checked off the 'Enable GPU' and everything started working smoothly. It actually works!

Thank you, guys!
synthsin75

Re: MOHO DEBUT 12 not working properly (SOLVED)

Post by synthsin75 »

Glad you got it sorted.

I had to switch to Debut to double check. It has the GPU preference but no Display Quality settings.
Greenlaw

Re: MOHO DEBUT 12 not working properly (SOLVED)

Post by Greenlaw »

Ah! Mystery solved. :)

It's probably one of those partially implemented features to allow Debut to open and play Pro project files.