Width and keyframes.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eric1223

Width and keyframes.

Post by eric1223 »

Hi.

Well, I noticed this a while back, and usually I've worked around this one. But now I finally decided to say something about this ant sized issue.

In most cases with vectors, you could just select the layers you need, and click to make a keyframe to lock what's selected in place ( the Curvature, and the Transform point Tool). But if you try this with the Width tool, it doesn't work that way...unless you make a change somewhere. So, if you want to lock what u want in place, it won't stick unless you make a change in the animation.

Going into greater detail on this, and what's happening!

- If I try to lock something into place without changing anything, it won't stick. If I go back to frame 0, that keyframe will disappear.
-If I select all points increase the width, then put them back where they originally were, it sticks.
-If I select some points, and put them back to where they orginally were, then try to click to lock the others in place, only the changed one stick.
-Even if there is a width keyframe after 0, and I want to lock another one in place after that one, I still would had to do what I said at the second "-"

Idk if It's just me, or what, But I'm using Moho 12 pro for windows 10. I forgot when I noticed it, but I think it was between when Beethoven made that one song, and the time when I seen that grey bunny.

Anway, A simple click would speed me up greatly. Anyone else havin this problem? K thanks!
synthsin75

Re: Width and keyframes.

Post by synthsin75 »

There's a couple of ways to handle that.
  • You can use Draw>Reset Line Width (Ctrl+Alt+L).
  • You can set the time line to always show the selected line width channel (View>Timeline Channels...) and just double click where you want a new keyframe.
  • You can copy the line width tool to your custom content folder, open it in Notepad (or any plain text editor), find this bit of code:

Code: Select all

for i, pt in ipairs(self.selList) do
    		pt.fTempWidth = pt.fWidth:GetValue(moho.drawingLayerFrame)
    	end

And change it to this:

pt.fWidth:SetValue(moho.drawingLayerFrame, pt.fWidth.value)
    	end

• Or you can just install this modified line width tool: http://www.filedropper.com/lmlinewidth
eric1223

Re: Width and keyframes.

Post by eric1223 »

synthsin75 wrote:There's a couple of ways to handle that.
  • You can use Draw>Reset Line Width (Ctrl+Alt+L).
  • You can set the time line to always show the selected line width channel (View>Timeline Channels...) and just double click where you want a new keyframe.
  • You can copy the line width tool to your custom content folder, open it in Notepad (or any plain text editor), find this bit of code:

end

And change it to this:

pt.fWidth:SetValue(moho.drawingLayerFrame, pt.fWidth.value)
    	end

• Or you can just install this modified line width tool: http://www.filedropper.com/lmlinewidth
Thanks Wes! I'm gonna try the 3rd option once I get home.