Layer ignored by Layer selector?

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Layer ignored by Layer selector?

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Do you know if there's any way to make a layer invisible to the Layer selector tool? (and it's Alt+right click shortcut)
Many times I have layers that I don't want to select. Some times big masked layers that don't allow me to select anything below them.
It would be great to be able to make them "invisible" to the Layer selector. Maybe it could be done by using a tag, or maybe by attaching a script to the layer. What do you think?
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Greenlaw

Re: Layer ignored by Layer selector?

Post by Greenlaw »

Will this help?

[Edit: See post the below for a public link.]

I ran into what sounds like the same situation a while back and Wes graciously created a script for it. It's been super useful.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Victor, I just re-read your post and I think I misunderstood what you meant.

You're asking for an option to make an layer un-clickable in the workspace, right? If so, I've wanted that too. I feel this should be an option in the layer properties.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Oh, nice!
It's not exactly what I'm looking for, but it is still very useful.

Thanks, Dennis (and Wes!)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Stan

Post by Stan »

Greenlaw wrote:Will this help?

https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... or#p179828

I ran into what sounds like the same situation a while back and Wes graciously created a script for it. It's been super useful.
The link gives me a page that says "You are not authorised to read this forum.".
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ugh...sorry. I hadn't realized that was a private area. Let me ask about it.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan

Post by Stan »

It's so nice to know that somewhere on the forum there's a super useful script, but available for privileged only.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

It's an area for beta testing. I'm asking now if the script is available elsewhere.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Stan wrote:It's so nice to know that somewhere on the forum there's a super useful script, but available for privileged only.
Oh, sorry, I didn't notice it was in that section.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Stan wrote:It's so nice to know that somewhere on the forum there's a super useful script, but available for privileged only.
Sorry, I often post scripts to the thread they were requested in and don't get around to posting them elsewhere. Here's what Dennis is talking about:
synthsin75 wrote:Try this mod of the layer selector tool (won't work with the alt+right-click...that's hard-coded): https://sites.google.com/site/synthsin/ ... ects=0&d=1

If you try to select a layer hidden behind another (visible or not) it will select the obstructing layer (like normal). It will automatically look below the current layer if you click it again. It needs to start from the obstructing layer and cannot bypass more than one obstructing layer. If that's needed, it will take some more work, but let me know if this serves the purpose as it is.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Víctor Paredes wrote:Do you know if there's any way to make a layer invisible to the Layer selector tool? (and it's Alt+right click shortcut)
Many times I have layers that I don't want to select. Some times big masked layers that don't allow me to select anything below them.
It would be great to be able to make them "invisible" to the Layer selector. Maybe it could be done by using a tag, or maybe by attaching a script to the layer. What do you think?
Like I said when I posted that tool, I could make it bypass more than one layer if there is a need for it, but that would take some more work.