Autohotkey and Moho

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: Autohotkey and Moho

Post by Greenlaw »

Hmm. Played with this issue a little more this morning and somehow the problem got fixed.

I'm not sure what's different now but my AutoHotkey [script].exe is no longer triggering the permissions popup even when running as user and with UAC set to the middle settings with fewer notifications. I even made sure the in-script code that made the tool Run As Admin was disabled.

Weird. I'm guessing that UAC might have gotten 'stuck' in Always Notify, and by trying all the settings I somehow got it 'unstuck' (or something else got it 'unstuck'...I don't really know.) Obviously this not normal so hopefully it was just glitch.

Anyway, it looks like I'm able to use UAC at recommended settings on this computer with both Moho and my script in regular user mode. That's good. It's how it's supposed to work and I really didn't want to require users to mess with those settings.

I'll record the demo video tonight and release the script this weekend. :)

As always, thanks for your input Wes.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Glad you got it sorted. Too bad you couldn't find the reason though. That kind of stuff always bothers me.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm not superstitious (much) but I blame February.

I always get weird computer problems that mysteriously come and go throughout February. Makes me nuts every year. :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote:I'm not superstitious (much) but I blame February.

I always get weird computer problems that mysteriously come and go throughout February. Makes me nuts every year. :)
Not computer-wise, but my Octobers always seem off...and not because of Halloween.