helicopter mi-24 in moho

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ignoramus

helicopter mi-24 in moho

Post by ignoramus »

if u need this helicopter (moho save file) just tell me.
Paukwa Karagosi

Re: helicopter mi-24 in moho

Post by Paukwa Karagosi »

that is nice work right there. Could you do a tutorial on how you did that. I am particularly interested on how you animated the propellers(can't remember the actual word for them). Are you able to share the file as well please? Thank you
ignoramus

Post by ignoramus »

Paukwa Karagosi wrote:that is nice work right there. Could you do a tutorial on how you did that. I am particularly interested on how you animated the propellers(can't remember the actual word for them). Are you able to share the file as well please? Thank you
Hi! The blades are being rotated by inverse kinematics, it may sound weird, I know. Here's where I learned that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujhpIMBJMcA

The idea is that you can rotate things like arms 360 degrees, even if they are drawn in a single layer. In the helicopter above the rotation goes up to the point where the blades match the first frame and then it jumps back a little, but it's controlled by a bone that spins infinitely.

File with helicopter: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1szliA6 ... sp=sharing
Ragnite_Powered

Post by Ragnite_Powered »

Nice job, thanks for the explanation! I've gotten my hands on Moho to animate short cutscenes in a helicopter-themed shoot'em up game I'm working on, so I may well follow your advice and do something similar at some point...
ignoramus

Post by ignoramus »

Ragnite_Powered wrote:Nice job, thanks for the explanation! I've gotten my hands on Moho to animate short cutscenes in a helicopter-themed shoot'em up game I'm working on, so I may well follow your advice and do something similar at some point...
You are welcome!