Funky Stair Stepping in Interpolation

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

WatchMotion

Funky Stair Stepping in Interpolation

Post by WatchMotion »

Hey, I noticed this happened once or twice before (when animating points on a shape) when I started using Moho a year ago and now it appears to be happening again.. The motion gets jerky, almost like stair stepping. I'm just rigging a character's body turn and have done it before on another character without this issue... very similar process. I've included a screencap of the graph. Any clue what I can do about this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r44bmjv30phut ... .png?dl=0
synthsin75

Re: Funky Stair Stepping in Interpolation

Post by synthsin75 »

It's likely interference from conflicting smart bones, but I'd have to see the file to be sure.
WatchMotion

Post by WatchMotion »

Sure thing, here's a link to the file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqa4yumnlcilx ... .moho?dl=0

If you go into "body turn 2" its happening on the "arm turn r" layer. Thanks for taking a look, love to know what I'm doing wrong here...
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

The motion graph display isn't really a problem, as that's just the aliasing of the diagonal line and looks the same for well-behaving point motion.

You can fix the stutter by simply copying the frame zero point motion keyframe for that layer to frame one in that smart bone action.
WatchMotion

Post by WatchMotion »

Actually come to think of it, do you think it would have this effect if the arm I'm turning on was not a duplicate of the arm I'm turning off? (with the visible setting)
WatchMotion

Post by WatchMotion »

Okay great - thank you so much - I'll definitely give this a shot.