Button to toggle bone visibility.

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

formxshape

Button to toggle bone visibility.

Post by formxshape »

So you have your vector artwork rigged = artwork layers in a 'bone' folder, with rigging. You want to quickly go into the vector layers and make some adjustments, so you need paths visible, but this means the bones are visible and overlaid on top of your artwork, making it hard to edit/see what you're doing .

A button near the 'display quality' drop down, next to the paths on/off visible button - to exclusively turn on/off bone visibility would be most welcome.

Yes I know I could go select all bones, go to bones menu and 'hide selected bones', and then again 'show all bones' - but one button, one lovely quick toggle button, that's all we need. Can't be too hard to code that? It's essentially the same as clicking the 'eyes' in the layer pallet for the bones layer - but keeping it's 'folder' contents visible. a little coding bypass, assigned to a toggle button = perfect.
Penny

Re: Button to toggle bone visibility.

Post by Penny »

I think that you achieve the same result with custom shortcuts, it's also much faster than a button :D
Even with the head in the clouds You can touch the ground

https://www.facebook.com/santiago.penny
https://www.behance.net/pennysantiago
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

If you right click the bone layer and open Quick settings, you can uncheck Paths.
That will hide the bones when you have any internal layer selected.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
formxshape

Post by formxshape »

Ah, thanks for that tip!
Yep that works, be could if it was a button too - just for quick working purposes.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

formxshape wrote:Ah, thanks for that tip!
Yep that works, be could if it was a button too - just for quick working purposes.
Yes, sorry I didn't add 'this is not exactly what you are looking for, but" :)
Now, I love to hide bones during rigging and animation. One thing that works for me (but again, it's not the same you are looking for) is to define the "Hide selected bone" and "Show all bones" menu items with the same shortcut.
That way, if a bone is selected (or several or all bones) and you press the shortcut, that bone (or those bones) will hide. If no bone is selected and you press the shortcut, all bones will be visible.

So in your case you can select the bone layer, select all bones with Ctrl+A and then press the Hide all shortcut. To make the bones appear, just press the shortcut again.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel