CACANi 2.0 New Features Overview

A place to discuss non-Moho software for use in animation. Video editors, audio editors, 3D modelers, etc.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

KuzKuz

CACANi 2.0 New Features Overview

Post by KuzKuz »

CACANi 2.0 has been released. The video is in Russian, but English subtitles are available.
https://youtu.be/AB2xk27jslo
chucky

Re: CACANi 2.0 New Features Overview

Post by chucky »

Hmmm , very interesting. :shock:
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

KuzKuz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:58 pm CACANi 2.0 has been released. The video is in Russian, but English subtitles are available.
https://youtu.be/AB2xk27jslo
Does it run on MacOS as well?
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

From reading their forum it appears it is not well supported. Prior to 2.0 being released their small user base was crying abandonware. :?
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

It's windows only.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

And it's $500
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I purchased CACANi v1.0 years ago when it first came out. I thought it had an interesting take for creating interpolated FBF. The bones system isn't used so much for puppet animation like in Moho but, rather, it's a deformer to assist in FBF drawing. Since Anime Studio (Moho's previous name) didn't really do FBF back then, I thought it might eventually make a good companion program.

I didn't stick with CACANi 1.0 because I felt it still had some growing to do and mostly because I wasn't really doing much FBF work at the time.

Nowadays, I'm now fairly vested in TVPaint for FBF animation but I'm still curious to see how much CACAni 2.0 has come along since then.

Will check your video out shortly, KuzKuz. Thanks for posting it! :)
JetT

Post by JetT »

InfoCentral wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:23 am From reading their forum it appears it is not well supported. Prior to 2.0 being released their small user base was crying abandonware. :?
So was Moho's. :oops:
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

JetT wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:05 am So was Moho's. :oops:
Yep, between 12 and 13. We'll see how long till 13.1 is released.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

JetT wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:05 am
InfoCentral wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:23 am From reading their forum it appears it is not well supported. Prior to 2.0 being released their small user base was crying abandonware. :?
So was Moho's. :oops:
The difference is that Moho probably has a larger user base, and only a small, but vocal, minority were doomsayers.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:19 am The difference is that Moho probably has a larger user base, and only a small, but vocal, minority were doomsayers.
That would be the users not on the beta team. I still anticipate Moho joining Poser in being sold off by Smith Micro as they move forward with their stated company goals/direction.

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

InfoCentral wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:50 pm
synthsin75 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:19 am The difference is that Moho probably has a larger user base, and only a small, but vocal, minority were doomsayers.
That would be the users not on the beta team. I still anticipate Moho joining Poser in being sold off by Smith Micro as they move forward with their stated company goals/direction.
No, that would be users who rarely post here, except to complain and doomsay, like you. :roll:
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:08 pm No, that would be users who rarely post here, except to complain and doomsay, like you. :roll:
That would be a poor assessment. I always stated that I felt Moho 13 was going to be released and I also felt that would be the last SM release of Moho. No "doomsday" message here although in analyzing the SM quarterly reports it certainly appeared to me that there could be a "doomsday" for the graphic division. Poser being sold off indicates that SM is in alignment with their stated direction.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

InfoCentral wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:28 pm
synthsin75 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:08 pm No, that would be users who rarely post here, except to complain and doomsay, like you. :roll:
That would be a poor assessment.
That's how 99.9% of your posts read. I don't even know if you actually use Moho, much less regularly. You never ask or answer questions about actually using Moho, never show any work, and only seem to post to complain about releases, the absence thereof, or to tout other software. From your post history, you could be a competitor shill for all I know...although I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Your say so ain't really going to change that impression without changing the general tenor of your posts.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:08 pm That's how 99.9% of your posts read.
In your imagination. If they in fact they do exist other than in your hallucination then quote this posts of mine your referencing. Its very easy to make assertions lacking substance.
synthsin75 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:08 pm I don't even know...
Now that would be a fair assessment. :D