AnimeStudioTutor.com - Competition

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, slowtiger

Karl Toon

Re: AnimeStudioTutor.com - Competition

Post by Karl Toon »

I found this site a while back and am really enjoying learning from each new animation I enter into the competition. I think it's a great way of motivating to learn the software. Here's my entry into the Sept '19 competition on the theme of Jungle.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I’ve been entering this lately for inspiration. I can usually work up something in a day or so, so that fits in with my schedule. I have to confess the rigs that I submit are little unfinished, but I don’t know if it’s possible to update the files there.

Anyway, thanks to the people behind AnimeStudioTutor!

Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

I think you have to email the site if you want to update an entry.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

It's great to see this competition site still going after 8 years. Wow!
Here's my entry for this month.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

If anyone has contact with the owner of AnimeStudioTutor.com, his contact form is broken. Also, the site appears broken for competition entries. I entered the Halloween competition and entry doesn't show. Also thought December was "Nutcracker", which I've entered, but seems to have reverted to "Halloween". Hope all is well. :|
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

the dance of the sugar pig fairy is there... https://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared ... 5fAQlHP1hE

the site appears to be very clunky (it takes a while to load stuff!) and looks as though very little has happened in the last few months... https://www.animestudiotutor.com/shared ... n/archives still shows "winner to be announced" for all of 2022 (but that might just be down to site maintenance rather than actually awarding prizes)

the keeper is jezjones29 -- see viewtopic.php?t=25821
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Thanks hayasidist. I found my entry eventually too. I'm hoping the site is continuing as I do enjoy the competitions, even without prizes it is a monthly incentive to come up with ideas and create a quick animation. :D
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

Thanks for the push - and for using the site.
I spent some time over the weekend bug-fixing the site. The server was upgraded to php8 which broke some parts. I've still got some things left on my to-do list, including sorting out past comp winners and double-checking the file uploader. Hopefully, I'll get this done over the next few days.
I managed to speed the pages up and fix the contact box.
Finding money and time for this project has been challenging, but I hope to give the site a makeover soon.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Thanks for the update @jezjones29. Great to hear that the site is getting a bit of an update and is continuing into the future. Viva la Animestudiotutor.com.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

jezjones29 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:29 am Thanks for the push - and for using the site.
I spent some time over the weekend bug-fixing the site. The server was upgraded to php8 which broke some parts. I've still got some things left on my to-do list, including sorting out past comp winners and double-checking the file uploader. Hopefully, I'll get this done over the next few days.
I managed to speed the pages up and fix the contact box.
Finding money and time for this project has been challenging, but I hope to give the site a makeover soon.
Speed seems 500% better. Well done for that.
Are the new owners of Lostmarble not interested in sponsoring the site? You could also try Clip Studio, or Adobe, or other companies which can link into Moho. Just a thought for you.
Keep up the excellent work.