Bones on separate channels

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nils

Bones on separate channels

Post by nils »

Hi,

Is there a way to have multiple bone-channels visible in the timeline?
The bones are now placed in one channel witch make it impossible to view keyframes on separate bones in relation to each other.

Any help is much appreciated!

Grtz Nils :D
Daxel

Re: Bones on separate channels

Post by Daxel »

nils wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:49 am Hi,

Is there a way to have multiple bone-channels visible in the timeline?
The bones are now placed in one channel witch make it impossible to view keyframes on separate bones in relation to each other.

Any help is much appreciated!

Grtz Nils :D
Hi!
If you look at the layers panel, the first column (with the eyes icon) is to disable/enable visibility of that layer on the display. The second column (the square icons) is to enable/disable visibility of that layer on the timeline.

Check this video for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ5_kJPCPL4
nils

Post by nils »

Hi,

thanks, but the problem is that only applies to separate (graphic) layers,
the bones are all on one layer (or channel) so only the keyframes are shown for a particular selected bone.

It would be nice to have the opportunity, just as the graphic layers, to make each bone visible or invisible in the timeline.
Now you get to see only one bone at a time.

Grt Nils :roll:
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

If you color your bones, each color group would have its own set of channels on the timeline.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

nils wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:02 pm Hi,

thanks, but the problem is that only applies to separate (graphic) layers,
the bones are all on one layer (or channel) so only the keyframes are shown for a particular selected bone.

It would be nice to have the opportunity, just as the graphic layers, to make each bone visible or invisible in the timeline.
Now you get to see only one bone at a time.

Grt Nils :roll:
I understand. That would be useful. I don't know if that is possible in any other way than what Lukas has said.

You can select a bone on the display view and then it's keyframes will be red on the timeline, but you probably already know that. It would be useful to be able to do the opposite, to select a bone keyframe and have the affected bones highlighted on the display. I know there is a script for doing that with points but I don't know if it works with bones.
This is the tool: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... 12&t=31612
Edit: I tested it and the tool works with bones too. Great job of hayasidist
mrc

Post by mrc »

Lukas wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:50 pm If you color your bones, each color group would have its own set of channels on the timeline.
I didn't know that. This is very useful.
That's why try to read every new post even if the subject doesn't immediately concern me.

Marc
You don't agree with the post above? Click here.
www.tricklabor.com/en
nils

Post by nils »

Lukas wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:50 pm If you color your bones, each color group would have its own set of channels on the timeline.
Wow that's amazing! colouring the bones make them show up in the timeline separately!
The only restriction in this method is that every bone has to have a unique colour. You can't have two bones with the same colour i notice...
So if you could create unique colours in the bonecolour dropdown (colour picker) you would be able to have all bones in your project show up on it's own channel in the timeline.
For now this is great!

thanks! :D
Kasia

Post by Kasia »

What if you also have several switch folders for different parts of body and you want to see their channels all at the same time? Is this possible?
Thanks!