smart bone dial creation

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Karl Toon

smart bone dial creation

Post by Karl Toon »

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. This has happened to me a few times and I can never figure out what I've done wrong / right to fix it. I'll create a character and add a few smart bone dials for moving eyes, head, eyebrows, etc., and all goes fine. Then, all of a sudden, I'll drag out a new smart bone dial, click on New Action, and instead of getting a new smart bone dial action, a new standard Action is created. This is driving me mad and I'm sure it's something I'm doing / not doing, rather than a bug. Any help appreciated.

Everything works fine if I use the Bone->Make Smart Bone.. from the menus. I only have this problem when trying to create the smart bone dials as above.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
synthsin75

Re: smart bone dial creation

Post by synthsin75 »

If the bone is selected when you create the action, it will name the action after the bone and automatically be a smart bone action. Otherwise, you need to name the action to match the bone.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Thanks synthsin75. With the problem I'm having the bone is selected when I create the action, but instead of taking the bone's name MOHO is just setting it as Action.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

That's a bug in Moho 13. If I remember correctly, it happens after copying a bone. No workaround for it, except maybe rinsing the file through Moho 12. .
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Okay. Thanks. I've started using "Make Smart Bone Dial" menu option as a workaround, so it's not too big a problem. I really did think I was missing something though, so in a way it's nice to know it's a bug! :shock:
Thanks for your quick response. 8)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Glad I could help clear up the mystery. :wink: