Layers and Cycles

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

FeistyFettuccine

Layers and Cycles

Post by FeistyFettuccine »

Ok, noob here, after painstakingly analyzing deep diving investigating, I finally figured out why my loop isn't seamless ... and shameful to say, it's superobvious :oops: :oops: :oops:

But I have no idea how to fix this.

This is at the start, frame 1, you can see that my layers are all starting from the left border:

... then this is at the end, frame 504, where my last moving layer end at its right border:

As you can see, the other layers are not aligned so there is a timing/position issue.

---

What is my intention?

To have each moving layer (mountains and clouds), move at different speeds, and at the very end have it seamlessly loop.

Is this possible, how can I fix this?

Thank you.
synthsin75

Re: Layers and Cycles

Post by synthsin75 »

Yes, all the cycles need to end at the same frame, so they all restart together. Without seeing the file, it looks like you may need to remove all the cycle keyframes and just animate each to where they need to end up at frame 504. The speed of each would then be a matter of how wide each is. IOW, how long it takes to get from one side of each to the other.

Might be easier to explain with the file.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Your cycle lengths need to be adjusted.

Right now you have cycles of length 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. (Don't mind the actual frames, result will be the same.) Take the longest and multiply, then try to divide with each of the others. 14 - no 3, 5, 6. 21 - no 2, 4, 5, 6. 28 - no 3, 5, 6 - and so on.

Much easier to use powers of 2: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64. This way, each of the shorter cycles fit in the longest perfectly. Besides, it will give you a realistic perspective result.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
FeistyFettuccine

Post by FeistyFettuccine »

Thanks Slowtiger, that actually solved it ... wow after spending four hours last night in different video editing tools, the answer is ... math (like everything in this world) :lol: :oops: