Putting it all together

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sparkyrr

Putting it all together

Post by sparkyrr »

Hi I am using Anime Studio Debut 11 to create an animation which will be synced to music and will be 3.28 minutes long. Now do you create scene by scene and if so how do you put it all together given that 0 is where you do all the work? Do you create each scene and when complete put it all together? Any help gratefully appreciated
hayasidist

Re: Putting it all together

Post by hayasidist »

what I do:

choose your video editor (e.g. Adobe Premier - but there are free / cheap ones out there); set the frame rate you want to use (e.g. 25fps) and import the audio.

add visual (and audio?) cues near where you want scene changes -- i.e. give yourself a few extra frames at the start and end of each chunk! The cue goes at the chunk start.

export that in separate chunks that correspond to each scene you want to animate - remember that there'll be a few frames overlap.

have one AS file per chunk. make sure your frame rates match! Import the chunk and use it for sync purposes only - the starting cue is at frame 1. build your animation.

export the animation for each scene as a png sequence.

back in the video editor, load the image sequences onto alternate tracks (e.g. sequences 1,3,5, … on track 3; sequences 2,4,6, … on track 4) so that the first frame of each is exactly aligned with its cue mark. You'll need to do this if you've given yourself those few extra frames at start and end.

disable the audio / visual cue tracks

trim the animations as needed.

export the finished product.

sit back and enjoy!