Santa's Giving Love this Christmas

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sidsquid

Santa's Giving Love this Christmas

Post by sidsquid »

I just finished my first animation with Moho and wanted to share it with you guys.
(Apologies I don't understand how to use the link features above to embed, so hopefully you'll be willing to cut and paste the following link in your browser....

https://youtu.be/BpPxAhuXvhE

[youtube]BpPxAhuXvhE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

It took over 2 months to learn how to use Moho and make this a cute feel-good music video for my 2019 Christmas single. I bought Santa, the caveman, Elf and carol singers heads from Cartoon solutions - I had to modify them a bit to do the actions I wanted (and their switch layers kept crashing Moho), but studying them helped me make my own characters for the rest of the video.
This is the first animation I've made for 20 years - I used to dabble in 3d using Animation Master. I love the hand-drawn quality of you can achieve with Moho, I prefer it to the typically mechanical look of 3d.
To be honest I spent most of the time figuring out the mechanics of using Moho so didn't have a whole lot of time to do all the fancy animation tricks I'd planned (squash/stretch, etc).
Any constructive criticism and feedback would be much appreciated because I'll probably use Moho for future projects.
Cheers and Happy Holidays!