How do I find the version number for Moho 13?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

willwillwill

How do I find the version number for Moho 13?

Post by willwillwill »

I am unable to open the program and the help line won't go through unless I list everything before the decimal on a version number, I have no idea where to loo for it.
Is there a way to get around this and have someone at help give me a ticket?
thanks so much
hayasidist

Re: How do I find the version number for Moho 13?

Post by hayasidist »

look for the installer file - that should give you the version numbers (e.g. for windows: Moho 13.0.2.610 WinInstaller.msi)
willwillwill

Post by willwillwill »

I have been unable to find my original installer, I may need a help ticket just to get a help ticket.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

do you have your serial number? (if you haven't trashed the whole disk, you can find this in the [windows Moho 13] C:\ProgramData\Smith Micro\Moho\13\Moho13.lic file -- it's plain text - open with any text editor) if so just download the installer from the SM site, take a backup of the license etc files just to be safe, and re-install.. if that doesn't solve the problem, than you'll at least have the version and build numbers for the support ticket.
willwillwill

Post by willwillwill »

I think in my attempts to reinstall the thing and uninstall it first I have indeed trashed the whole thing. Is it possible to bypass this step? Does anyone have an email of someone in that department who can take up my case? I hate when people say they aren't computer guys like it's something their proud of but I would own up to computer ignorance apologetically.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

sorry - I don't have any contacts in SM graphics any more ... so -- very last try from me -- again assuming you're on windows -- the Program Data folder is hidden by default. If it isn't visible when you display the C: directories, go to Settings / Update and security / For developers and then activate the "show hidden files" option -- you'll need admin privileges to do it. the licence data file might still be in the path as previously mentioned ... (or you might have another way of retrieving your key -- e.g. the email when you bought the program ...). Good Luck!
willwillwill

Post by willwillwill »

I appreciate it, I will try that.
I have no idea why they make it so difficult just to ask them a question, it's really frustrating. Anyway, thanks for the advice, I am crossing my fingers.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Something else to try: Select License Manager under Help. This will launch your browser and send you to the License Manager page. If you have your login info handy, sign in on this page. After I sign in and select Licenses>List Product Licenses, I get the serial numbers for all the copies/versions of Moho/Anime Studio I own going back from Moho 13 to ASP 11.

Note: From this page, you can also deactivate licenses on computers you no longer use or have access to. This is useful if you run out of device activations.

Hope this helps.