pc moho to Mac Question

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

willwillwill

pc moho to Mac Question

Post by willwillwill »

Hello
I've been using the pc version of Moho for a few years. Unfortunately that PC seems to be on it's last legs. If I buy the Moho 13 pro version (same as I had before) for the Mac I need to know my old elements will be transferable. I draw everything in a tablet and build it in Moho, I also use the shape tool quite a bit to make backgrounds. Will image files made in Moho as well as Moho characters saved as Moho files made with a PC still work in the Mac version?
Thank you so much
slowtiger

Re: pc moho to Mac Question

Post by slowtiger »

No problem at all. But have a look at imported video files: make sure those play on Mac, if not, convert them.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

willwillwill wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:06 pm Hello
I've been using the pc version of Moho for a few years. Unfortunately that PC seems to be on it's last legs. If I buy the Moho 13 pro version (same as I had before) for the Mac ...
dumb question -- but will a pc serial number activate a mac product? windows serials are of the form ZPDxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx -- IOW download the mac version "as a trial" and then put in the PC serial???? Deactivate the PC licence if you hit the limits...
willwillwill

Post by willwillwill »

dumb question -- but will a pc serial number activate a mac product? windows serials are of the form ZPDxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx -- IOW download the mac version "as a trial" and then put in the PC serial???? Deactivate the PC licence if you hit the limits...

That is not a dumb question, but unfortunately it won't. Moho only will do the platform you got the first time, I am about to have to rebut it myself for this same reason.
willwillwill

Post by willwillwill »

Ok this is related,
I bit the bullet and bought the Mac version, just got it set up. I used an external hard drive to copy the 48 gigs of stuff related to Moho from the PC. Now it has no idea where to look to find all the image files associated with each Moho file. When it opens one of my old files it tells me that files are missing and then it turns out that they're all missing, I am guessing because it doesn't know where to find them as they were made on a different computer and the paths are gone.
Is there a way to ask Moho to search for the missing files in a batch, because one at a time is going to take ages.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

willwillwill wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:24 am Is there a way to ask Moho to search for the missing files in a batch, because one at a time is going to take ages.
That's one of my regular complaints about Moho: it doesn't allow you to define a project's content folder like some other animation programs do. A related headache: Moho should also allow the user to define each project's preferred output folder. Ideally, we should be able to set both of these in the Project Settings windows. I hope we get these options in a future release.

If you still have the original setup on the PC, try exporting the project using Gather Media. This will place everything inside a single folder, which should allow all the files to be discoverable at the new location on the Mac. I dislike this solution but it will be less painful than manually re-linking all your content.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
willwillwill

Post by willwillwill »

Thanks, I appreciate that.
Meanwhile I have just bought and set it up an hour ago and it's crashed three times. I have a relatively newish Mac book pro, I would have thought it could handle it. It handles everything in the adobe cloud pretty well. Any ideas?
Thanks so much
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sorry, I don't have a Mac right now so can't check. Hope you get this worked out.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

there are loads of problems with 13 on new Macs.

last "officially" supported OS release is OS X 10.13 or 10.14. Mac OS 11 not currently supported. (https://mohoanimation.com/moho-pro-syst ... ents.shtml)

The new owners of Moho will, I'm sure, be addressing that and a host of other issues with 13... but it will take them time to get up and running. http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtop ... =5&t=33642