What is the future of Moho?

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sang820

Re: What is the future of Moho?

Post by sang820 »

chucky wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:03 am Oh wow Sang, you really did get into it, bravo!
I couldn't quite understand what was happening in the bug.

I would love to see some improvement of the performance capture capabilities too.
Maybe one day.
-------------------------------
Thank you, but I want to say: the situation is serious.

Because of Moho's [product positioning] [outdated]. I know that many companies choose AE, Live2d, and even 3D software. If most companies choose cheaper and more readily available 3D software to make animations, Moho's chances are even smaller.

At present, there are two [online education] companies in China that are producing animations in large quantities, 1-ByteDance and 2-TAL.The scale of the project is about 10 million RMB. They originally wanted to use Moho to make animations. After many failures, they now changed to a combination of AE, flash, and 3D.This [window of opportunity] has almost disappeared forever.

Who knows where the next opportunity is.

It may be in the new version of Moho.
chucky

Post by chucky »

I've also been pushing for more performance capture options for a decade.
Remember that up till now Smith Micro had a lot of sway in the development of Moho, now Lost Marble is in charge, they have much more motivation ( I am sure) to ramp up development.

Don't give up on Moho now, a few months ago it was a dire situation.
Now the sky is the limit.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, I say hang in there too. I use a number of animation programs at home and at work, but Moho 12.4 is still my preferred tool for 2D puppet animation, and I'm feeling confident that the upcoming 13.5 will get Moho back on track to a brighter future.
sang820

Post by sang820 »

chucky wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:48 am I've also been pushing for more performance capture options for a decade.
Remember that up till now Smith Micro had a lot of sway in the development of Moho, now Lost Marble is in charge, they have much more motivation ( I am sure) to ramp up development.

Don't give up on Moho now, a few months ago it was a dire situation.
Now the sky is the limit.
Thank you, thank you everyone who keeps striving for progress :)

SM is of course great, she makes Moho great. But at the same time she didn't understand Moho. She let Moho compete [non-professional, simple] animation, which is very unwise. There are many software competing [non-professional, simple] animation fields, and they are well optimized. Moho has no advantage.

Moho uses a single mindset to deal with complex needs. This is not good. Moho should use simple ideas to solve simple needs. Use optimization paradigms to deal with complex requirements. Moho has no optimization paradigm. Moho has only complex examples. The complex paradigm makes beginners desperate.