Moho not recognizing .moho files

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gindurchrovombar

Moho not recognizing .moho files

Post by gindurchrovombar »

Whenever I save files on Moho, the file is no longer recognized as a .moho file. That means that when I try to import objects from previous .moho files, they don't show up as an option. Any ideas for a fix?

I've tried exporting as Version 9/10/11 files and it doesn't make a difference. I'm using Moho Pro 12, version 12.0
Greenlaw

Re: Moho not recognizing .moho files

Post by Greenlaw »

That's really weird. That said, I would first update to 12.4 (or 12.5 on Mac.) From what I recall, 12.0 was pretty buggy, and 12.4+ is very solid and stable.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

first of all -- you can get a later version of 12.x (free assuming you have a working serial number) here: https://my.smithmicro.com/ click on the "Moho 12" dropdown and install the latest version.
(see also: http://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33574)

as for the real problem - you don't say if you're windows or mac - so what I'm about to say is win10 specific and you'll need to adapt it if you're not on win10.
Check the file associations for moho: Settings / Choose Default applications by file type - and make sure .moho (and .anme) are pointing at the right program (i.e. Moho)

if that's ok - make sure you're not specifying "the wrong" extension when saving

maybe that version (12.0) has a problem with certain alphabets - I can't recall when the issue was fixed, but "non US-English" letters in filenames did cause all sorts of headaches

if none of those ideas bear fruit, then hopefully someone else will come up with a better idea -- or if you could post an few example filenames that aren't being recognised...
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Also ... you can upload a file that you can't open to the cloud and post a link here, and the sleuths can try and see what's-up.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Greenlaw wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:17 am That's really weird. That said, I would first update to 12.4 (or 12.5 on Mac.) From what I recall, 12.0 was pretty buggy, and 12.4+ is very solid and stable.
The latest for Windows is v12.5 and for Mac v12.5.1 (or 12.3 for older Mac OSes).
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

synthsin75 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:41 pm The latest for Windows is v12.5 and for Mac v12.5.1 (or 12.3 for older Mac OSes).
Ugh! Thanks...I've been mixing that up lately.
gindurchrovombar

Post by gindurchrovombar »

Thank you all for the help! Greatly appreciated.

I'm using Windows 10. I installed the latest version of Moho 12 and it still wasn't working. However, I then tried saving the file as a previous version (Anime Studio 11) file and now Moho recognizes it, so I'm able to import those objects into a new animation.

Thanks again!