moho13.5 coming soon? What's the date

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SimplSam

Re: moho13.5 coming soon? What's the date

Post by SimplSam »

Someone setup Moho Creators discord at: https://discord.gg/n4mZecqy4j

It is .. well.. rather quiet over there.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

I didn't even know this existed which might explain the silence :D

I think it'll make the most sense once the next version is out and the LM guys are pushing it again. They should probably open one and name a few of the community members co-admins. That's at least how most companies do it.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

JoelMayer wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:58 pm They should probably open one and name a few of the community members co-admins.
Not it!
aongus

Post by aongus »

I love the new logo, brilliant and playful on a number of levels. Hope it's a sign of things to come.
sang820

Post by sang820 »

:shock: On the contrary, unlike these well-intentioned comments, my partners and I think this logo is not good. It is a 90s style. moho13.5 may be a more professional and non-kitchen business strategy. This is what I expected=3
DK

Post by DK »

大家好
您会建议使用哪种类型的徽标? 你有什么例子吗?

Hi sang.
What type of logo would you suggest? Do you have any examples?

Cheers
D.K
sang820

Post by sang820 »

DK wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:37 am 大家好
您会建议使用哪种类型的徽标? 你有什么例子吗?

Hi sang.
What type of logo would you suggest? Do you have any examples?

Cheers
D.K
:shock: I think the original (version 13) logo is good, simple, beautiful, and eye-catching. :shock:
Now this "bouncing ball" logo is "farewell" to the SM era. This is an emotional decision. It may be out of sentiment, rather than business judgment.

:shock: But,I will support Mike’s choice :shock:
Lychee

Post by Lychee »

I know it's better to wait for Moho 13.5 to optimize well than to release it right away, but full of bugs.
Yet impatience literally gnaws at me, out of pity to optimize it quickly before I was totally devoured. :lol:

I am both eager to see Moho shine on the professional side as I am anxious, because often who says professional says financially inaccessible.
I just chose Moho rather than the competition for its value for money.
I'm not (yet) a professional but I like having uncompromising tools to express my creativity, rather than having to fall back on a "Debut" version for lack of resources.
In addition, the competition is getting harder and harder with a multitude of players on the market, and moho has to face powerful and sometimes even free challengers (Blender, Opentoonz ...).
Moho should therefore not dissuade its potential customers, with a price that we will qualify as pro.

I think that for moho to achieve benchmark software status in the professional field, it would need more flagship titles to be produced on it, but that's up to us the users of our favorite software to help it achieve this status.
But it's also up to the developers to make this software stand out from the competition with great innovations (if you want, I have some great ideas :mrgreen: ).

For the new logo part, I'm not against it and I understand the approach (new team, new logo, it's logical), but I liked the old one, which represented the strength of the program, it builds by bones.
cgrotke

Post by cgrotke »

sang820 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:13 am :shock: On the contrary, unlike these well-intentioned comments, my partners and I think this logo is not good. It is a 90s style. moho13.5 may be a more professional and non-kitchen business strategy. This is what I expected=3
Prefer it more 3-D?

Christopher Grotke
MuseArts - Web Design & Animation
www.musearts.com
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I like the new logo.

To me, a logo should meet three points:

1. Be distinct and recognizable
2. Be readable when scaled down to 16 pixels (favicon size)
3. Suggest a purpose or function

The old logo was fine and met this criteria. For point number 3, I always assumed the legs of the 'M' were meant to resemble joints. But that's a narrow description of Moho, focusing only on its rigging aspects. So, yeah, it was fine, but could be better.

The new logo also meets the criteria, but the bouncing ball is both specific and broad. A bouncing ball, of course, is a classic animation exercise, but more broadly, the way the ball is drawn in this logo suggests action, physics, elasticity, direction, forward motion, arrival...

To me, the new logo is descriptive of what you can create with Moho, and implies much more. (Like, going on a journey?)

So...yes, I like it very much. 😺
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

One more thought...
sang820 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:14 am Now this "bouncing ball" logo is "farewell" to the SM era. This is an emotional decision. It may be out of sentiment, rather than business judgment.
Both logos resemble the letter 'M', so I think the new logo maintains connections throughout the years Moho has been around, first with Lost Marble, then Smith Micro, and then with Lost Marble again. I feel this is respectful to Moho's history.

Well, except, it ignores that the software was briefly called 'Anime Studio' by SM...but maybe that's not a bad thing. :wink:
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

The new logo looks nice to me. Vibrant, dynamic, associative...
I read it as 'l', 'm' and 'animation/b.ball'. The arches of 'm' should work nicely on Moho as well but it's just this slant\slope to the left which I don't really understand. Perhaps some further fine tuning of proportions among the ball and the arches would provide it with longevity.

However, it's a very very nice impulse from the 'new crew'.
sang820

Post by sang820 »

:shock: I uploaded some demos, but what I see are broken images, can you see the pictures? :shock:
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't think the following actually looks good, but if somebody asked me to add some text to it, here's my first take...

Personally, I don't think it needs any text attached to it. Sometimes less is more.

sang820 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:11 am I uploaded some demos, but what I see are broken images, can you see the pictures?
Yes, I can see the images here.

Check the page link and make sure it starts with 'https:' and not 'http:'. I think this might cause images to not display.

Update: Maybe not. I just tried that and it didn't make a difference...I still see all the images. (Not that I'm complaining.) :)
DK

Post by DK »

图像很好。 我看到您的观点在唱,必须同意,但我认为,(我可能是错的),但是这个新徽标的想法可能是完全摆脱旧的联系并重新开始吗?

The images are is fine. I see your points sang and must agree but I think, (and I could be wrong ), the idea of this new logo could be to completely break away from old ties and start a fresh?

Cheers
D.K